Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles.
Hi Forrest,
I've seen your work around the net now for a while. I think it is very good. Your skills at rendering and composition have gotten much better over time. I am also impressed by your attitude regarding studies and self-improvement. It's great to see someone create good work so consistently.
The only critique I can offer is that your figures tend to seem stiff overall. This is a difficult thing to nail down, both on a conceptual and practical level. I would advise you to exaggerate the implied angles expressed by the figure's pose more, to really push the feeling of the pose. Making more gesture studies would help, but I think its more of an issue of FEELING the pose your characters are in. I think you record the details and factual information really well, but the emotional aspect seems to fall short. Why are your characters doing what they are doing?
Your images are great. I just think that their impact would be heightened by adding a bit more emotional content (this goes for studies of figures too). Hope this helps in some way. Keep up the stellar work. I find your work ethic to be an inspiration.

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by VickyYarova - 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Chavreaper - 02-11-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Monsieur-Beefy - 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by deerandfox - 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Michael Blackbear Uwandi - 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Edmond Au - 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by leonardZC - 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by I STRaY I - 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by JavierP - 03-12-2014, 06:32 PM