Desirulz's Sketchbook Crituqe/Advice Wanted
Hi, what I really like about your work is that you have a good balance between studies and imaginative work. I think this is really important. If you only study all the time then you don't know how to apply what you learned and if you only paint from imagination you won't improve that fast. Also I like that you fill the page and paint complete scenes including background. A lot of beginners - myself included - often have single characters floating on a white page. So keep at it. That's great!

A good way to improve your anatomy are gesture studies. I really like using http://artists.pixelovely.com They present you with a lot of different poses and show you a new image every minute (or whatever option you choose) so you really can concentrate on practicing. You might wanna give it a try! I used to do 30min-1h per day. You not only improve your anatomy, but you also learn to put down lines quickly and in the right places at first try. And it's a good warm up before you start with your usual drawings/paintings. Because by then you are all set and ready to go :)

Other then that just keep pushing!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Desirulz's Sketchbook Crituqe/Advice Wanted - by Tamaira - 02-06-2015, 08:10 AM