Nerds, dorks and other geeky kinds.
Thats interesting about schizophrenia being linked to artists. I have a friend who's a writer who was editing a book written by a guy from Switzerland who has full blown schizophrenia. He was diagnosed with a minor case of it but he decided to take lots of LSD in order to increase the disorder. LSD is known to damage the temporal lobe of the brain which is what causes schizophrenia. Anyways the guy thinks hes the last descendant of a group of witch hunters, has psychic powers and that all women are plotting to destroy mankind... yeeeea

My friend the writer who also has done a LOT of LSD in the past, decided in order to increase his creative writing skills took large amounts of LSD in order to make himself schizophrenic... not a good idea. I dont believe creativity is caused by temporal lobe damage. It seems to be true that people with schizophrenia have very creative delusions but I dont think they've found some magic key to intense creativity. Its a horrible disorder and ruins peoples lives. There are much healthier ways to stimulate creativity and I dont condone anyone attempting to induce it.

I seemed to have gotten completely off the topic of the thread. The reason people who are in the industry arnt spending their off time playing video games is because they spend all their time working on creating video games. Who wants to spend all day at work looking at mechs and dragons then go home and look at mechs and dragons the rest of the night? Its not good to spend all your time focusing on one interest. People that get out and experience life have much more creative minds I find. If all you do is consume videos games and action movies then all your ideas are going to be derivatives of those things.

Messages In This Thread
Nerds, dorks and other geeky kinds. - by Rognoll - 11-01-2013, 02:18 AM
RE: Nerds, dorks and other geeky kinds. - by Adam Lina - 01-12-2014, 01:12 PM