|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Regarding working fast, there are a few things that can push you in that direction, though the larger part of it is just doing a whole lot of work to get the experience down. Once you have done something a few hundred, a few thousand times, etc. it gets a whole lot quicker. Things that I have found helped with speed:

1. Setting time limits and trying to improve what you can do in that limit.

2. Big brushes - mainly regarding painting/rendering, big brushes definitely add a hefty time saving in blocking things out.

3. Working small or zoomed out.

4. Controlling your strokes. This will probably slow you down at first, but in the long run it is a massive time saver. Slow down and try to pay attention to why you are making a stroke or series of hatching lines, and imagine how you will do it. I think the catchy term would be "Speeding up by slowing down."

5. Lots of gesture drawing and life sketching (sketching people when you are out and about in particular).

I noticed that the hatching on the head sketches is pretty scribbly looking, so it may help to slow down on the rendering stage and really pay attention to how the hatching is meant to be conveying the form of the face. The visual measuring looks good and seems to be pretty accurate on your drawings, both in terms of your line drawings and your sense of form/value - the faces have a strong sense of likeness, and the traditional stuff especially has a really nice volume to it. Really liking those figure studies especially.

Keep up the good work, I hope to see more from you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by clockodile - 07-23-2014, 07:23 PM