Failure
I get this sorta fear alot as well, I think most artists do to some extent, art is such a slow gradual process that it's really hard to see if your efforts and methods are actually getting you anywhere alot of the time, i've found myself stressing over that and the amount of time I put into art alot, especially since I feel I should be better then I am atm considerin all the time I put into drawing.

I remember someone saying a while back(not sure if it was on this site or elsewhere) that art just becomes easier once you stop trying to force it and just go with the flow or somethin along those lines, i've been trying to do that more recently, as I think I may have gotten wrapped up in the whole obsession with improvement.

At the same time as well though I really am not for the just draw mindset, mileage like that is defineitly a big part of art but if you're not thinkin about how to fix problems then you're just headbutting a wall until it breaks rather then climbing over it, but I think overthinking it could be just as bad of a problem so it's really a balance.

Also Amit, that was a really insightful post man, i'll try to take your advice :).

Messages In This Thread
Failure - by Adrian - 03-21-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Failure - by Patrick Gaumond - 03-22-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: Failure - by crackedskull - 03-22-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Failure - by Amit Dutta - 03-22-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Failure - by Triggerpigking - 03-23-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: Failure - by Adrian - 03-23-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Failure - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Failure - by meat - 03-27-2015, 01:09 PM