Creature and Character design study program help me out
Interesting thoughts here.

One of the problems with setting out a gigantic plan is a lot of the time it doesn't allow for change as you follow your plan.  Sometimes as you do stuff you may find that the original plan was flawed and needs to change and then if you want to continue with a defined plan you need to sit down and re-work it.

Darktiste, if I may I'd like to share another approach:

1. Set a goal with specific success criteria.
2. Brainstorm a bucket load of tasks (with initial time estimates) that will help you achieve that goal - but don't plan them into a long term schedule.
3. Make a short term plan (e.g. 2 weeks) and grab a bunch of tasks from your task bucket using your initial time estimates to help.
4. Carry out your 2 week plan and record how much time you spent on each task (this is your work velocity).
5. Review the 2 weeks to see what lessons you have learned.
6. Plan the next 2 weeks letting the previous 2 weeks to guide you in what you should be doing next and taking into account your current work velocity.

Iterate until you have completed all the tasks in your bucket or you have achieved your goal.

This is called Agile Project Management - there's loads of stuff about it on tinternet if you want to read-up on it.

Hope this helps.  Good luck with your endeavours mate.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature and Character design study program help me out - by Artloader - 06-18-2016, 12:28 AM