Hi. Help needed.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Arcvision aka Razvan!

I think Badwoolf and RottenPocket are right that there is no one route to art mastery but I think you've taken a great step by getting involved in a community like this one where you will be encouraged, motivated and informed.

Maybe the best way I can answer your question is by sharing my own journey with you.

I love drawing characters so that is where my focus is. By browsing these forums I learned of the following resources that I now study from:

- Andrew Loomis books
- Proko's YouTube channel
- Michael Hampton Figure Drawing: Design and Invention
- Google images for diagrams of musculature

I am currently focused on solidifying my fundamentals: anatomy, perspective, values and eventually colour. I started off by trying just to draw well before adding in values and colour. So that meant line drawings for anatomy, gesture drawings and drawing figures in perspective.

My sketchbook is full of really boring studies but I enjoy them because I enjoy learning how to draw characters. I think my study strategy thus far is flawed though because I am doing too much studying and not enough art for the fun of it.

So I think to summarise:

- Choose an area you want to focus on.
- Research study strategies around that area.
- Get involved in a community of like-minded art students (like us :)).

Hope that was helpful - looking forward to seeing your journey :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
Hi. Help needed. - by arcvision - 08-02-2016, 02:54 AM
RE: Hi. Help needed. - by BadWoolf - 08-02-2016, 05:58 AM
RE: Hi. Help needed. - by RottenPocket - 08-02-2016, 06:27 AM
RE: Hi. Help needed. - by arcvision - 08-02-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Hi. Help needed. - by RottenPocket - 08-02-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: Hi. Help needed. - by Artloader - 08-07-2016, 01:51 AM