Hello
Hi there MagneticScrolls, welcome to Crimson Daggers :).

You're off to a good start there with those Loomis head sketches and I see you've already received some great advice about drawabox.com and accuracy training (Dorien Iten is excellent). I have studied from those resources myself and can say that they have boosted my skills hugely.

One thing that I am learning from my own art journey at the moment that I hope may help you is to focus more on process than on result.

I am trying to pour more energy into understanding the process, practicing it and eventually I hope to master it. Each time I start worrying about my end result, I re-focus back onto the process. In this way my process is slowly improving. I am finding that this approach minimises the fear that my end result won't be good enough because often, a good process will lead to a good end result. The more I experience this, the more confidence it gives me in the process.

Hope that helps, if not please disregard.

Also, good move on starting a sketchbook thread. The folks on here are very helpful and you should pick up some great tips and encouragement.

Good luck!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
Hello - by MagneticScrolls - 09-27-2017, 03:48 PM
RE: Hello - by John - 09-27-2017, 11:07 PM
RE: Hello - by Artloader - 09-29-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: Hello - by xelfereht - 09-30-2017, 01:27 AM