How do I figure out exactly what I need to study, and what questions to ask myself?
I would be writting a long ass post but it would help if we would know what you would like to learn... it a strange task to ask other what you should be doing yourself.To make it simple everything that is consider a fundamental of art.What is more complex is how do you train yourself to understand how to correctly apply theory into practice.

I personnaly would avoid doing color or composition study or master study if you don't know what you are trying to learn from them.Because they focus on copying certain fundamental­.It is best you learn first to recognize what is a fundamental and that you look at how other artist study those fundamental.

I believe that it is essential to learn perspective and form and construction as basis for all the other fundamental.If you do not have mastered the cube in perspective you are a slave to the reference.

Click on the image below to enlarge.

If you get any question don't hesitate.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I figure out exactly what I need to study, and what questions to ask myself? - by darktiste - 02-03-2018, 02:56 AM