Neferaman
I think what your scene cruely leak is a sense of depth.You also place your horizon line pretty much at the same spot on every piece you shown us so far.Put don't let those thing stop you. So you were right about repetition.

My personal favorite when it come to solving composition problem would be the book.
Hamm - Drawing Scenery Seascapes And Landscapes

You will soon realize that shape and there position in space make or break a piece.

I know it boring but we all overlook it but simplying your approch to just simple geometric composition can actually help you solidify your understand of the principle of art.

If i was not clear enough you don't need alot to learn about the fundamental of art you just need to learn how to setup a ''still life''exercise an example of object you can find in a ''still life'' are basic simple 3d geometric form for the sphere an apple can do.For a box you can take a cereal box unopen.For a cylinder a cane of food.With that you got 1 organic form and 2 man made object.You got 3 different texture and you got a variety of color that can change everyday if you change the object.

All that remain is how to properly learn to do ''still life'' for that i encourage you to go seek out an atelier so that you can learn on location how to properly observe your subject.One of the critical aspect of a still life is you point of observation it critical to remain stationary and to maintain your head at the same level you did initially.It why it recommended to do still life will standing.But enough of me explain i am sure there better people than me to explain it to you.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
Neferaman - by Aman007 - 03-20-2019, 05:47 AM
RE: Neferaman - by Artloader - 03-20-2019, 08:08 AM
RE: Neferaman - by neopatogen - 04-01-2019, 07:16 PM
RE: Neferaman - by Aman007 - 06-07-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: Neferaman - by Aman007 - 03-02-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: Neferaman - by darktiste - 03-03-2020, 04:29 AM
amdikar - by Aman007 - 03-23-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: Neferaman - by darktiste - 03-24-2020, 12:28 AM
Update - by Aman007 - 02-11-2021, 02:54 AM