advice for anatomy studies of legs and feet ?
(05-21-2019, 03:14 AM)JosephCow Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 11:35 AM)darktiste Wrote: Of course it important but do you think you need to learn every little bone of the foot to do a good shoe?
No, you probably don't need to know that. But I wouldn't say the legs are less important to study than torso or head just because people wear pants. Why study the torso? people just wear shirts anyway! Why study the head? it's covered by hair anyway! I'm just saying it's not great reasoning.

When i say less important i talk about an order of priority not as if they should be completely neglected.
There less important because you will surely draw more bare torso and head than anything else it just due to the head being the center of interest.Leg are playing pun intended just playing a supporting role.
Of course if we look at anatomy from a renaissance point of view i would be on a stake right now burning for my heretic view.Since most artist at that time were drawing human figure almost exclusively and the nude figure was a big thing.

Why study the torso because you will surely put a dude in bare chest.And if can i prefer if a man would keep is pant on.If you want to draw nude of course it much more important to learn to draw the leg.

But let say you want to be a portraitist and you draw leg for 2 month it wouldn't be a good investment toward achieving your intended goal in the quickest time possible.Studying is a matter of priority it not arbitrary unless you want your progress to be arbitrary.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: advice for anatomy studies of legs and feet ? - by darktiste - 05-21-2019, 05:44 AM