Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in!
I think the brush is fantastic for fur but i heard in texturing video that you don't necessarily want all that noise texture brush can bring.It about suggesting texture rather than apply all over the surface. Basicly suggesting fur with the round brush more than with the texture brush itself it more important to imply texture via the silhouette and inside the form in area where there plane change inside the texture and where a change between light and shadow occur.The trick is to start on a dark tone flat of the color of your fur and use a similar lighter tone of that same color for the texture on top to simulate depth in the fur.Of course not all fur are the same length and thickness when i think about it.For the tooth there something that tell me they should be more hint that there saliva on those teeth i don't have the reference you had so i can't say if there dry or wet but i see saliva so i would assume there would be wetness on the teeth creating a stronger highlight due to liquid coating the surface.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in! - by darktiste - 10-25-2019, 01:51 PM