A question about references and copyright
No it mean that certain piece of art have been donate to the public domain and can be free of use.If you take a photo and it contain copyrighted material i think it still make it impossible for you to show those brand.But don't quote on me i am not an expert on copyright infringement.

This It not a subject i found lot of information on right away so i totally understand your feeling toward using work that isn't your own.One other thing that is generally best practice to avoid i know your not at this stage is to not put fan art in a portfolio.Also as you start your art journey try to stay away from blatantly copying other work as it might sap your creativity growth try to think outside the box mixing element from totally opposite influence to create something totally new.For example combine 2 word and see what you can come up with using those two word to expand on.There is way to generate idea that should make copyright not such an issue for you.

I think a part of problem is beginner artist tend to rely on other people work at first because they leak technique to generate there own idea.So they heavly rely on other artist work to generate there idea and sense of confidence.

I am not suggesting not copying i am mainly saying don't try to impersonate an artist or steal artist content and if you copy exactly someone else work credit the original artist so your not getting in trouble.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question about references and copyright - by darktiste - 04-25-2020, 10:39 PM