The AI-generated art of DALL.E 2 - Robots with Flowers.
(05-02-2022, 06:51 AM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: The output is very impressive and I do think we'll be seeing more and more computer-generated art used in the place of hand-made art, not because it's better, but because it's good enough to justify not paying a skilled artisan to produce something more unique and tailored.

I think the main issue for AI-generated art for the foreseeable future is that it can only produce something derivative of styles that humans have created. DALL.E 2 looks like most of its input was 20th century American art (see the "painting by Caravaggio" in Gurney's post that looks more like a Michael Whelan piece combined with still life flowers). Obviously, this isn't a problem for commercial purposes, but it may mean that hand-made art will continue to have some value in the average person's, and hopefully average client's eyes. As far as concept art goes clients might still prefer a human that can follow instructions more precisely. Unless it's something like "design Sci-Fi soldier #15262462".

Joseph may be right that people will begin to hate computer-generated music and art. It's really a miracle when a piece of art is created that is widely enjoyed by people, and I doubt that anything made by a computer will be able to hit the right notes, based on what can be produced currently.
Some human art is already pretty robotic specially with people with a more strong left brain type you might not even see the difference.What make art human like ?Being able to pick up on Cultural reference and using that to go viral?Imagination?Subject matter?The unique way you use your tool?

I see this more as a tool for illustrator but really do the Ai understand concept like composition?That would be hard to believe. How precise can it be... i certainly don't know.But i know that the more you feed info into an Ai the better it get overtime.

I don't think artist will stop being artist i actually think we will be seeing an over saturation and perhap the emergence of a trend toward human art vs Ai generate.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AI-generated art of DALL.E 2 - Robots with Flowers. - by darktiste - 05-02-2022, 09:39 AM