critique/paintover
You are missing a spacial coordination you say top right but that doesn't tell us front or back we kind have to assume if you don't tell use of course here we can feel it by estimating the amount of contrast between the plane of your object.

So it probably more like front top right but then we look at the shoulder and we aren't so sure anymore because both of them receive light how is that possible if the light is exactly top right like you say... clearly indicating the light source direction to people who you seek critic from is not a bad idea.Right now your light seem to come from the center front bottom when we look at how dark you made the trapezoid.If i want to be more precise i could also indicate left or right of the person if the light isn't centered but at an angle from the character.

Your problem is you have problem understanding how to understand light because you don't understand how light behave on simple object.It serve me nothing to point you those error light is very directional if you can't guess where light hit or doesn't you need to pick easier subject matter.You gotta learn to observe even before you learn to draw.Learning is a process of step from simple to complex in my opinion.If you go to complex you overwhelm yourself if you go to simple you don't learn a thing it about finding the right amount of challenge when studying.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
critique/paintover - by prince0-100 - 06-21-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: critique/paintover - by darktiste - 06-22-2022, 12:40 AM
RE: critique/paintover - by JosephCow - 06-22-2022, 11:23 AM
RE: critique/paintover - by darktiste - 06-23-2022, 12:51 AM
RE: critique/paintover - by prince0-100 - 06-23-2022, 04:04 PM
RE: critique/paintover - by darktiste - 06-24-2022, 12:30 AM
RE: critique/paintover - by prince0-100 - 06-25-2022, 11:05 PM