Anyone a gamer?
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone else is an avid video game fan? I've always loved video games since I was young and I still do now, although I spend less time playing them than I used to. Still have a collection of retro games and consoles and of course the newest gen xbox360. So anyone else here in the same boat? If so what are you currently playing and what are your fav games?

ahh.. games , the destined foe of my drawing dedication D: right now , i am spending the late hours with diablo 3 and final fantasy 14. The mountain of unplayed games in my collection is huge , but i must not give in to temptation xD.
I gave up on trying the new gen games after I played a few. I'm still playing on snes, n64, psx and ps2; when games were actually fun.

Here's my list of favorites I usually play from time to time:

Valkyrie Profile 1/2, Suikoden 2, Castlevania SOTN, FFT/FF6/FF7/FF9, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Star ocean 2, Xenogears, Wild Arms 1/2, Vandal Hearts 1/2, Saga Frontier 2, Breath of Fire 3/4, Monster Rancher 2, Legend of Legaia, Legend of Mana, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry 3, The Legend of Dragoon, Zelda games, Ogre Battle, Front Mission, Harvest Moon, and more that I probably missed...

In my opinion most games these days are all about graphics, statistics, and profit, which make for shitty ass games.
im a pretty hardcore gamer, ive been playing games as long as ive been drawing.

i cant make a list, but ive owned every system since nintendo. i still play my ps3 xbox360 and i built a gaming pc.

right now i have to give them up to draw more, but i still make saturday my rest day and i play then.
haha, my fav list is almost identical with Dennis Kutsenko's xD especially Valkyrie profile 1 :) too few people know to appreciate it. I think you forgot terranigma, Lufia 2 , Seiken densetsu 3 ( SoM 2 i think?).
yup, I love gaming :) Though I never owned a console, so only PC stuff. Which I prefer anyway.
My alltime favourites are Gothic 1 & 2
Diablo 2 (assassin :D ) and 3 (currently Monk), Portal 2 of course
Silent Hill 2 and Homecoming (the only ones for PC.. but I haven't finished Homecoming yet)
and of course Fallout 3.. I love that game to death.. New Vegas was really good, but it had no Dogmeat and no GNR :(
So yeah, I'm more the roleplayer ;-)

I've been playing since the old Nintendo. Love all the Mechwarrior Saga, Hitman Saga and of course that old epic game called System Shock 2.

(06-22-2012, 09:13 AM)Cezary Wrote: ahh.. games , the destined foe of my drawing dedication D: right now , i am spending the late hours with diablo 3 and final fantasy 14. The mountain of unplayed games in my collection is huge , but i must not give in to temptation xD.

Yeah I'm with you, they do consume a lot of time, hence the fact I don't play as much as I used to, I have still to finish skyrim and dark souls. I haven't tried diablo 3 yet though, how are you finding it?

@ Dennis, I'm with you 100 percent on the games these days statement, the old generations of games just seemed to have a magic that is lacking now. My fav game this gen I think would have to be portal, it was so refreshing to play a game with humour and that wasn't another generic FPS!

Monster rancher... I never played the second one but I rented out the original when I was young for the PS1 and loved it then I could never find a copy of it again. I see you like your RPGs and adventure games, those are some awesome games in your list. My fav zelda is OoT but I love the wind wakers art style.

@Mesmer That's cool, I've owned almost all of them apart from the more obscure and failed ones such as the jaguar etc. I'm assuming you had a dreamcast or still do, what was your fav game on that system? Mine was shenmue 1 and 2.... sega need to complete that story!! lol

@ cezary nice to see some love for those games. The old nintendo systems are still awesome, I love to play through super mario world ahhh nostalgia lol

@saraiza, haha nice, yeah I enjoyed fallout 3 and as stated already portal 1 is one of my fav games (I still haven't got round to buying the second which I must do at some point).

@brotherOstavia Hitman was pretty awesome when it first came out the original titles, remember playing it on my friends PC and being pretty impressed by the curtain physics at the time haha.

I'm currently unable to play on my xbox 360 online (gotta get a new one then I will) but out of curiousity do any of you with 360's play online or just offline?

(06-23-2012, 07:41 AM)JonHop Wrote: I'm currently unable to play on my xbox 360 online (gotta get a new one then I will) but out of curiousity do any of you with 360's play online or just offline?

I'm afraid i never had a xbox. I'm more into PC gaming.

(06-22-2012, 01:54 AM)JonHop Wrote: Hey all,
just wondering if anyone else is an avid video game fan? I've always loved video games since I was young and I still do now, although I spend less time playing them than I used to. Still have a collection of retro games and consoles and of course the newest gen xbox360. So anyone else here in the same boat? If so what are you currently playing and what are your fav games?

man, I love games but I have so much stuff to do for school that I let them pile up. Then I play them all at once during breaks. But it's awesome/sucks that there's so much media to consume, like movies and shows and games.... and I have to draw x amount of hours per day. Need like 999999 more hours per day.

I like bioware though, I just finished mass effect 1 and 2 in like a frenzied two weeks, did all the assignments and missions but didn't get all the achievements (that's like 2 more playthroughs x_x).

I have to finish me3, dragon age 2 and play assassin's creed/bioshock/halo/everything else...
before school starts, in one month.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :D

(06-25-2012, 11:04 PM)poyo Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 01:54 AM)JonHop Wrote: Hey all,

man, I love games but I have so much stuff to do for school that I let them pile up. Then I play them all at once during breaks. But it's awesome/sucks that there's so much media to consume, like movies and shows and games.... and I have to draw x amount of hours per day. Need like 999999 more hours per day.

I like bioware though, I just finished mass effect 1 and 2 in like a frenzied two weeks, did all the assignments and missions but didn't get all the achievements (that's like 2 more playthroughs x_x).

I have to finish me3, dragon age 2 and play assassin's creed/bioshock/halo/everything else...
before school starts, in one month.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :D

Haha, yeah man I know what you mean, so much to do not enough time lol

Bioware used to be and still are to an extent one of my favourite developers, but since they joined forceds with EA (with dragon age 2 specifically) they went down hill a bit (always happens when good companies join with EA) hopefully they can still bring out great games. Bioshock is an amazing game and story, one of the best storylines this gen for me.

I'm playing dark souls at the moment, weel a little of it, Im trying to put a lot more time into my art work so they are taking a backseat. But I still love playing em lol

I haven't picked up a game, PC or otherwise, in literally months. I have so much on my plate right now, plus working my ass off to improve my art and get better clients, that I just can't justify the time that games take out of my day :/

But I miss them oh so very much. I love MMORPGs (WoW) and first person shooters (CoD, Halo).

I play fighting games competitively and some mobas here and there, right now I'm playing persona 4 when I get some free time.
Sure, mostly WoW, Skyrim and some Minecraft. I need to lay off 'em a bit though, need more art.