Damians Sketchbook
Great stuff keep on keeping on
Great work on that Priest piece a few posts up, really awesome narrative. :D
Thanks guys for the kind words.
Here is a piece i did this afternoon/night. I had a lot of fun and a few headaches but got to where i was happy in the end. Not as much narrative as the last piece but more of just me loving norse ruins and painting snow haha

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man, I actually did look at this sketchbook last night haha, awesome stuff, you should def start posting your pencils!.

If I were to offer any advice on the later enviro, try pushing the values more eg, make that foreground mountain a lot darker and up the saturation in some places as it can looked washed about. Also you've got a nice subtle painterly thing going on, so definitely keep going with that.

Keep it up man!

Cheers man i think you're right, i still need to get used to getting some more saturation into my colours, because i've never really been into it, but i see what you're saying with a piece like this!

I will start posting pencils soon dude!
Quick study of a torso, and a rough thumb for a new piece potentially. Had it in my head that i was going to paint a pirate. Turned into a wizard dragon battle? I've never done one of these before, going to try and get as much motion and energy as possible in the piece

Attached Files Image(s)

One study and a quick painting, heres the link to the study, might of bit off more than i can chew , colour still eludes me. So does anything without grand scale. http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/s.../#/d5bwnuf

Really early Character concept

Attached Files Image(s)

I keep saying that im going to start doing character designs, then i sit down and just keep doing sprawling vistas because they are so much more fun.
My rough version of Scottish highlands being watched over by what will be a guy formed from the stone.

Attached Files Image(s)

Whew, good stuff Damian. Last one is comin along nicely.
Thanks dude im loving how much good stuff is on this forum, really makes you want to keep posting
Yeah guess who i got inspired by tonight lol.
No but seriously i was having such a terrible night trying to come up with characters im so terrible when it comes to painting people, i just tend to not get into it as much as landscapes, but i'll keep plugging away. Just thought i needed a break and to get messy, i felt all tight.

Attached Files Image(s)

Man this stuff is looking pretty cool, I've also been struggling with characters. Just gotta keep learning and keep at it though.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

too right man, i think its just a matter of me transitioning to doing people digitally, im fine on paper, but the transition and control isn't there yet for digital.
You're stuffs coming along as well man keep plugging away!
start of a demon knight

Attached Files Image(s)

very first master study, learning a lot already and im not even an hour in, this one is by Guido Reni.
The detail around the eyes in the original is so so amazing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking great so far man. Love your environments, and you seem to pose your characters really naturally. Love it. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff. Keep it up.
That Astronaut piece looked really cool btw, you get that finished in the end?

Thanks buddy, the astronaut is getting there, but i have till end of semester to get it done, so i've just been biting off bits at a time
update before bed

Attached Files Image(s)

This is for a graphic novel im illustrating for Uni, really its just an experiment of different ways to paint for me. This page details the main characters first man he ever killed. Still working on it at the moment, have to draw the guy on the bottom right and fix some things in the top head/skull

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool to see your doing some studies dude, a tip for master studies is to really focus on getting the structure right before going in and rendering, saves a lot of trouble later down the track and is generally what makes or breaks an image.

Keen to see some more of the graphic novel! post more

Keep pluggin away!