Sula's Sketchbook
oh spam please ... love where this is going..

sick pencil work :]
@Wolken: Thanks :D Hopefully I can keep it up!
@Ben: Thanks man ^^

Slowly building it, I think I will go crazy with the background in a couple more hours.. or not.
[Image: Satyr-03.jpg]

Quickie before sleeping.
The painting in the last post in on hold, I become stuck with the background and I am trying to do some studies to move on with it.

Shit.
[Image: Salvaged-sketch-10.jpg]

Trying to move forward with this one. Spent a whole night mesing with the background... I sort of like it, then in 5 minutes I hate it. I think I will just render the characters out and hope I have some insight about the background on the process.

[Image: Satyr-04.jpg]

Tomorrow we have a sketch group meeting with my colleague from work. Excited we are finally doing something outside of the studio :) Ill try to scan the last sketches tomorrow too.

Sketchbook time!

Lots of random stuff. Trying to do some expressions this week, and towards the end, I am trying to make the classic exercise I have never done in pencil - drawing from ref, then immediately after drawing it again from memory - not very good since I have limited time during weekdays, and the one from memory always end up being rushed.
Also, my acrylics attempt from last week :B Such a silly thing, but I am really trying to understand this real brush thing.

Oh, and some thumbnails. I sort of like one or two of them, that surprised me.

[Image: SB-52.jpg]
[Image: SB-53.jpg]
[Image: SB-54.jpg]
[Image: SB-55.jpg]
[Image: SB-56.jpg]
[Image: SB-57.jpg]
[Image: SB-58.jpg]
[Image: SB-59.jpg]
[Image: SB-60.jpg]
[Image: SB-61.jpg]
[Image: SB-62.jpg]
[Image: SB-63.jpg]
[Image: SB-64.jpg]
[Image: SB-65.jpg]
[Image: SB-66.jpg]
[Image: Acrylics-02.jpg]

Well, great use of the acrylics =) Your studies are becoming really cool =) And about the sketchs, your pencil work is sick! xD I like seeing this kind of stuff because shows the progress "behind". And it's turning pretty good, I can see your evolution, specially on the Tom "oh my god Loki too hot to no be sketched" Hiddleston, and your other pencil work are improving as well =D
I like it 8D
I'm in love in those acrylics. Makes me wanna try them ;3 Great sketchbook you have here btw ;3

@Leele: Thank you! And yay, another Hiddlestoner! *high five
@Ramalooke: Thanks man! I just got myself a blue one, let's see what kind of mess I can make now heeh :}

Update!
Look who started over :p
[Image: Satyr-05.jpg]

You've got some prity sweet skills! Loving those pencil sketches and your illustrations. The latest one looks very promising. ;)

Thank you Warburton :D

Quick sketch during lunch time at work.
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-11.jpg]

So, you guys knows Chris Oatley? He is about to start his 1st online class. I applied just for fun and apparently I got accepted! yay. This is going to be fun :)

I was thinking about applying, but my camera is broken, so i can't make an video ;< Need to ask him if livestream recording of my desktop with me talkin only will do. Btw. Love your sketch xd oh and about this image with ladies on the tree. this one in the middle looks like she's not standing on the branch. keep posting, love your work ;3

Ursula I'm afraid I can say nothing but do ass pats! your skill is tooooo phenomenal!! o-m-g.
@Ramalooke: Uh.. you're right! I need to address that before it's too late! Thanks for the headsup!

@Rookie: haha thank you <3

There's nothing about this sketchbook I don't like. That orc piece from a little while ago is really really nice. Your rendering and sense of design are both awesome. Your pencilwork is fantastic as well.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
@Pierce: hey, thanks man :D I really enjoy rendering stuff!

AAaaand ok, I said I wasn't going to scan them, but fuck it. It was not a very nice week for sketches, almost everything sucked and I didn't scan half of my stuff, and I don't really like most of what I did scan, lol. But here is my permit to make mistakes! Lemme try again next time. Also, this weird feeling you haven't really practiced if you don't update it here. What have you guys done to me!

Anyway, here it goes. I don't retouch this on photoshop, even if I were dying to do so lol
Going to be swamped on freelance stuff for some weeks, so updates are bound to get slower.

[Image: SB-67.jpg]
[Image: SB-68.jpg]
[Image: SB-69.jpg]
[Image: SB-70.jpg]
[Image: SB-71.jpg]

Haha, I know what you mean about the updating but good work either way. Try to have fun on those freelance projects!
Thanks Dennis, I'll try :)

So it's 6AM, but I had to a sketch before sleeping right

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-12.jpg]

Impressive and hard work :) Loved it. Pencils are off the wall!
If I was where you are now (skillwise), I would improve on placement of the (especially) facial features and making the shapes 'read' better. By that I mean taking time while 'setting up' a form (the last image you posted needs it (facial bones, boobs, eye sockets), so I felt free to point it out)
Anyway, that's the problem I have as well, probably even more than u do :P
Keep rockin'!

Hey iCi, thanks for the feedback. Actually, the whole reason I have been focusing on pencisl so much for the last months is precisely to get my structure better, but may painting are still falling apart.

I need to figure out how to make this transition. From drawing -> painting without everything going to hell. If anyone reading this have any ways of doing that, please post it!

My obvious idea was to go back to photo studies, focus on face, make one every time I have time to sit at the computer, but I am not sure just copying photos will do it - they usually make my color and rendering better, not my general structue. So I probably missed something.