Deathline...
Right, kinda feel like one of Tyler Durdens space monkeys formulating this "whatta ya wanna do before you die" "build a house, sir" "paint a picture"....yadayada...but i need to set some clear goals, as getting where i want to be isn't happening doing it the way i have been so far lol,
Um...so as of 14th October 2012:

!) I want to make the transition from part time, intermittent commissions to full time illustration - this is the main goal, the following i hope will help me get there.
2) improve my speed of figure drawing, and accuracy
3) work on putting together good/great composition...something i utterly suck at at the moment
4) Get better at technical/mechanical drawing....this i think will improve with better familiarity with using PS tools for clean edges/straight lines...but also idea generating for cool machines
5) get fitter, I'm happier if i've been exercising, but at the moment its been a struggle getting motivated to hit the gym...

that's it for the moment I think....not sure if these are the kinda thing for the deathline, but they're what i got...any pointers or suggestions are welcomed...currently doing Dennis Kutsenko s suggestion of gesture drawing sessions each day, think that'll help with point 2
I am with you on needing to exercise regularly...I weight lift regularly, but fail to do cardio regularly currently...Good luck on that and all your other goals. I am working on anatomy right now and then will be working on value studies and increasing figure drawing skills.
(11-08-2012, 01:09 PM)bmarcel85 Wrote: I am with you on needing to exercise regularly...I weight lift regularly, but fail to do cardio regularly currently...Good luck on that and all your other goals. I am working on anatomy right now and then will be working on value studies and increasing figure drawing skills.

thanks man, good luck with your goals too :)

haven't been to the gym more than once since posting that...not good..., used to go 5 times a week lol. need to get back in the routine