studies = from photos and life
A mistake I used to do a lot is to measure proportions over rather long distances, like from shoulder to hand, nose to ear, etc. It's much easier to accurately estimate shorter distances like nose to corner of eye, deltoid to elbow, etc. Your mileage may way, but I feel my proportions improved once I started to just lay down rough outlines of the proportions and then work my way through increasingly smaller landmarks and adjusting the rough sketch as I fill in more information. It also taught me not to get too attached to what I have already placed down.
Hi guys ,
Thanks for the comments and advices!

I have tried to push as much as I could the drawing .

At this point I would usually go for the color>

But this time I decided to invest more time on the drawing as lake suggested and taking smaller measure landmarks like Fingus said, both things helped a lot to get closer to the photo likeness and values. I did not used the photo on top of the drawing because I wanted to push myself more, took me hours (i think around 5) but here's the result

The only bad thing now is that after spending this amount of time in the drawing really killed my motivation to finish it with color :P :-/