alex sketchbook
[Image: figure1-1.jpg]
[Image: life3-1.jpg]
[Image: life4.jpg]
[Image: sketches.jpg]
[Image: speed1.jpg]

Amazing, I love the enviros and the hands, you are really good at rendering skin. Do you have a link to your livestream?

Thanks, man. Yeah its http://www.livestream.com/artwithalexson I'm on most days around 10:00 gmt+1

Here's a study, and then my attempt at remembering the colors on a shitty character.

[Image: master1.jpg]
[Image: misc1-1.jpg]

And here's my attempt at doing a speed paint from taking a photo and flipping it around and overlay etc.

[Image: Tulips.jpg_thumb.jpg]
[Image: doodle2.jpg]

Interesting technique with the last image, I'll have to give that a try! I love your clean lines too :D

I like this experiment. I use to use this technique and it's pretty fun i must admit. Your newest study make me pretty pumped. Thanks ;3 Oh and keep pushing mate. Cheers

Thanks alot guys!

Studies.

[Image: study1.jpg]

30-40min boxers.
[Image: boxers1-2.jpg]
[Image: boxers2.jpg]
[Image: boxers3.jpg]

Random portrait. about 3h or so.

[Image: speedthing1.jpg]

Wicked studies as usual, Alex! I really like the colours and solid brush strokes on the guy guy above the flower piece. How's your pirates going? Looking forward to it!
Thanks alex! My pirates piece is going to shit atm! If I still have time I'll start over, again :D

Been focusing more on drawing lately, been doing some stuff on paper. Figures and whatnot. Here's some anatomy I did in photoshop.

[Image: anatomy1.jpg]
[Image: anatomy2.jpg]

And here's some 1-2h speedies where I tried to implement what I've been studying. From imagination.

[Image: speed1-1.jpg]
[Image: speed2.jpg]

Good work Alex, you have learned loads about anatomy, lighting and stuff :)
Good studies Alex!

loving your sketchbook man, great work! keep pushing it hard :)

Really great studies, keep it up Alexson :)

You've done some really good progress. I still see some problems I've seen before in your work. Which is the blending of colors. The problem is that your blending looks more like blurring of two values than blending.

The reason it looks like that is because the step from one value to another is too big. It doesn't look clean. So my suggestion to that is that you put a third value/color in between. It's most noticeable on the 3 hour fantasy portrait. If you look at it's head, you can see that the line between the light and dark is rather blurry and don't blend very well. A good idea would be to do paintings and really think about the brushstrokes. Making paintings with solid brushstrokes would be a good exercise for you, limit the blending and try to turn form with solid strokes instead.

Your drawings are really good. Very nice shapes and clean drawings. It shows through in the paintings too, which is good. Just push the painting aspect more. When you get a better grip on that side of things, your work will take a HUGE leap.
I guess you could also look at other artists. Especially artists with nice blending and try to mimic that technique. Really focus on that aspect.

hey man dig your hard work, great studies!
the first speedpainting is so nice.
Thansk alot guys, I really appreciate your comments. Conny, yeah I totally get what you're saying, I think its a problem I often have when I try to do greyscale to color when I polish the greyscale image too much. I really prefer just doing the very basic shapes and light in greyscale and then jump into color. It's an approach I'm still working on.

Haven't done many long studies that is worth showing the past week. Mainly pencil stuff and been working on pieces for my portfolio. Here's some of them.

[Image: Pirates_by_alexson.jpg]
[Image: Dragonhunter1_by_alexson.jpg]
[Image: Awakening1_by_alexson.jpg]

Long time, no updates, no progress.

Studies.

[Image: values1.jpg]
[Image: sketches2.jpg]
[Image: sketches1.jpg]
[Image: heads1-2.jpg]
[Image: fig2-1.jpg]
[Image: fig1-1.jpg]
[Image: femfig1.jpg]
[Image: face3.jpg]
[Image: face2.jpg]
[Image: env3.jpg]
[Image: ENV2-2.jpg]
[Image: env1-3.jpg]

Brainpoop.
[Image: speedie4.jpg]
[Image: speedie3.jpg]
[Image: speedie2.jpg]
[Image: speedie1.jpg]

Studies.

[Image: life1-5.jpg]
[Image: Life2-4.jpg]
[Image: portrait1-4.jpg]

Here's some studies from life and photos. And some shitty sketches.

[Image: armor1.jpg]
[Image: colorfig1.jpg]
[Image: colorfig2.jpg]
[Image: colorfig3.jpg]
[Image: life1-6.jpg]
[Image: life2-5.jpg]
[Image: sketches1-1.jpg]

Some more poop from imagination.

[Image: Random_girl_by_alexson.jpg]
[Image: TheRider_by_alexson.jpg]

Here's some 1 hour portraits.

[Image: portrait1-5.jpg]