alex sketchbook
I'm having that very same sort of dilemma as well, alexson. I dunno what it is, I suppose it is just another way of rendering, one of many, that calls for a high amount of concentration in terms of stroke economy and know where, or where not to render/polish fully. You know how a lot of artists say things like rendering/polish takes time to show through? I feel it may just be one of those things.

That tea kettle is done quite well, in my opinion. It's got that sort of painterly feel to it, evident brush strokes and dots of light, it makes sense. The seaside castle is also very nice. The main part with the pillars is obviously the main focal point, and the rocks beneath it have that same sort of painterly feel to them. I've noticed in a few other pieces you've been able to capture that same sort of look, and in others it's just as you say "sloppy", not to sound disrespectful.

I'm liking where your stuff is going, keep it up, and I hope I didn't type too much, haha. :]

Thanks alot, guys! I really appreciate honest comments!

Here's something pretty quick I did after watching the trailer for Pacific Rim. I used some photos as base for parts of the city.

[Image: kaiju1_zps68103b0b.jpg]

doodles

[Image: Untitled-1_zps21d5f9d8.jpg]
[Image: speed1_zps1522ffec.jpg]
[Image: statue3_zps0ebb3805.jpg]

very very cool stuff.I need to do some perspective and enviros but Im in complete darkness as to how to proceed about those.I really like your colors ,keep up the awesome work.

I love the statue! It's perfect! Och jag skriver det här på svenska för jag vet inte hur jag ska säga det på engelska, jag älskar färgerna på taken till stånden. Riktigt snyggt!
Thanks alot guys! I really appreciate it!

More randomness

[Image: sketch1_zps4af4eab5.jpg]
[Image: orc1_zpsf6b4a1c5.jpg]
[Image: mech_speed1_zpseb5294d6.jpg]
[Image: sketch2_zps3576efde.jpg]
[Image: sketch3_zps7131b0b6.jpg]

heyy great sb, nice narrative stuff on your images and also i like this last line works, love the face of the last chick !

Thanks man!

[Image: sketch4_zpsdc91feb2.jpg]
[Image: frankenstein1_zpsb92d05ad.jpg]

sketchezz

[Image: sketch5_zps5a741683.jpg]
[Image: sketch6_zpsa36ec1a2.jpg]

Looking great, Alex. Those line art pieces are great fun and your painted pieces are getting better and better!

Thanks atrenr! <3
Another drawing.
[Image: sketch7_zpsa38dd7bb.jpg]

[Image: sketch8_zps1034a644.jpg]
[Image: sketch9_zps642452ab.jpg]
[Image: skull_horder_zps67e27410.jpg]

Man, those sketches are super sweet, love the line variation. And the last few paintings look great, you've got that painterly/rendered balance down. Really cool stuff man, keep it coming :D

Great work here Alexson! I really like these line sketches your pushing out.

It's a tiny thing to crit but I'm pretty sure the ear on Skull above is a fraction too high. Also, I think generally you seem to be reducing the cranium in your imaginative work, in some cases the contour you have to describe the back of the hair would be a good place for the back of the skull, with the hair adding more mass as it sits on top.

Thanks Jake! Mactire, thanks alot for the feedback. Very good point. I appreciate it!

Here's some portraits I did for fun.

[Image: aliencop1_zpsfb4414da.jpg]
[Image: aliencop2_zpsc67e7bd8.jpg]
[Image: aliencop3_zps3a4d1ac0.jpg]
[Image: aliencop4_zpsc023276c.jpg]

duuuuude, I love these alien portraits! They have such great expressions In love

Awesome art man, I love how you have all the women saying your name! Haha, humor AND skill. Wish to be like you some day

18 yr old artist comin atcha Party

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
beautiful. :O

Great sketchbook. Those lineart pieces are fantastic and the painted pieces have lots of atmosphere.

Thanks alot, guys! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Here's another pile of stuff

[Image: sketch10_zps5dc06dac.jpg]
[Image: sketch11_zps44d73e2d.jpg]
[Image: sketch12_zps03440d45.jpg]
[Image: Intothedeep_zps24d6d028.jpg]
[Image: FireDragon_by_alexson_zpsc7322abc.jpg]