Bloodsport #4 Gorilla Guardians
Rainbow 
Hey

My first bloodsport! Here's a wip of what I'm working on -

[Image: GorillaGuardians-wip3.jpg]

Cheers :D

Hahaha, this kicks so much ass.
The pose of the gorilla is nice and dynamic. I feel like the "FLYING FIST" part is competing with the logo a little since they're about the same size.

And for this part I might be totally wrong, but it's something to think about. The left side seems a little heavier? Maybe because the fist and the toy package are the same width? Also, a thing with design is to lead the viewers eye to the subject. At the moment, his fist is leading my eye off the package. It could just be me, does anyone else see that? Maybe if it were leading to the toy itself? Maybe you can try scaling it down a smidge and moving it inward a little?

And one last thing, this toy is for ages 18+? lol what kind of toy is this? (I hope there isn't secret x-rated functions for it... D:)

Anyway, it's looking really cool so far. :D
Thanks for the great crit Jessica, I played around with the logo to make sure that it stood out but at the same time I didn't want to make it the focus, I want an initial 'pow!' read to grab the viewers attention for more than a second, then they will see the logo. The fist is still a large element of the piece and I guess it is left heavy, but I don't think that will be the thing on customers minds when they see it, they will be thinking OMG BUY! instead ;D

As for the x-rated function, well maybe I should change it to read 'flying fisting!' ;D

Here's the process image -

1. Using a quick comp sketch I laid down rough lines to capture movement and play around with design ideas, I experimented with flow and how I wanted to direct the viewers eye. This is the most important stage.
2. Settling on a design, I then created clean lines.
3. Quick colour block-in - also experiment with colour temperature, and complementary colours. Here I've used the complementary colours red-green, blue-yellow.
4. Render, render render, and then render some more till you reach your limitations ;D

[Image: Bloodsport4-Process-rich4rt.jpg]