help me make a schedule i'm confused!?
Sad 
hi :( , so yea i'm in a super confusing situation i need to get some money to go to school so i'm actually working on some commissions (caricatures and potraits) .
and yea i don't have a tablet so i'm still messing with pencils... it really limitates the range of my "studies" for now... so how the heck do i do it ?
should i just take a entry-level tablet like the bamboo ? or wait for an intuos ?
right of now i dedicate the whole morning to studies and the evening to commissions...
but hugh there is to much to learn, and i can't really make color studies with traditional
unless i spend 10 hours making an oil painting o______O
i'm just learning anatomy and perspective/landscape now....
mate, what kind of school are you refering? an art school? if thats the case, you dont really need to go to an artschool to learn art.
In fact, if you have a lot of motivation and a bit of discipline you will learn a lot more working at home. Just follow this scheme: wake up, draw, go to rest, wake up, draw... etc.

Also, if you dont have a tablet thats okay, i still use my good old bamboo (and i will use it until she brokes :)) it is just a tool, you could use other mediums to do studies.
Use acrilics, for example.

(12-12-2012, 10:24 PM)EduardoGaray Wrote: mate, what kind of school are you refering? an art school? if thats the case, you dont really need to go to an artschool to learn art.
In fact, if you have a lot of motivation and a bit of discipline you will learn a lot more working at home. Just follow this scheme: wake up, draw, go to rest, wake up, draw... etc.

Also, if you dont have a tablet thats okay, i still use my good old bamboo (and i will use it until she brokes :)) it is just a tool, you could use other mediums to do studies.
Use acrilics, for example.

thanks for the tips man
yea i'm refering to an art school one of the most bad schools around i will surely not learn anything i couldn't learn by myself in a much quicker time :/ my uncle is insisting to go but i think it is just a waste of time and money.....
Then, probably it is.
My point is, most of the most amazing artists i know are self taught.
Think about this, in a school you need to go to the school, listen to the teacher, maybe waste your time with unrelated art classes, deal with useless homework and useless exams...

On the other hand, being self taught is really hard too, you will need tons of self discipline and motivation, but it is possible to learn. Even if you are a really chaotic and undisciplined person like me.

Seconding Eduardo. Schools can be a really big waste of your time and money. They definitely are not requirements. But if you self study you HAVE to have self discipline, which you will need after a school study ends anyway.

man it was already hard by itself, school is going to take my whole day i'm already 20 i can't wait anymore :|
i'm going to browse ppl sketchbooks to get some idea of what to learn.....
(12-16-2012, 08:03 AM)revanthem Wrote: man it was already hard by itself, school is going to take my whole day i'm already 20 i can't wait anymore :|
i'm going to browse ppl sketchbooks to get some idea of what to learn.....

it all about what you want to learn and what you need to learn doing.Example doing endless portrait studies are ''worthless'' for a landscape artist but it add range to is porfolio but if he as no interest to be a portraitiste he is wasting is time he should be learning more about composition perspective and many other thing that can improve is landscape.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
i have the same problems as you recently , but i have been here for awhile to know and be aware of what certain kind of studies will benefit me for my artistic pursuit. but like i say its been hard for me lately to focus , cause of distractions wich results into procrasinations. what fuels me to work right now is chris oatleys podcast. but i still feel it isnt enough.

also i dont have a tablet yet as well, i try to study colors with a mouse . its torture but no pain no gain i guess..

A bamboo is a perfectly fine tablet to start out with. No need to invest in a better one IMO. You can also get an Intuos3 second hand, a lot of professionals still use their Intuos3's, so if you can find one of those on ebay or something it'd be worth getting too.

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
there recently seem to be a lot of flack about US art schooling, I kinda agree with CyberBrush and Noah Bradly. Not that I can add anything to that, I'm not from US but my art schools where entirely useless except for perspective and figure class.

if you're intrested in hearing about this and finding alternatives
http://www.noahbradley.com/blog/2011/how...rt-school/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1rmP-xDiSQ

as for tablets everyone will say to get a Wacom, yes they are the best no mater what series so very logical.
If you are however not sure if digital is your thing,maybe not comfortable with the thought of an expensive device, or short on cash I'd highly suggest the Huion H610 pro. At least you don't have to spend a limb on that one and its pretty damn good for not being a wacom .
linky
http://www.amazon.com/Huion-H610-Graphic...B00GIGGS6A

I own one of these to cut the costs of nibs and sheets with the Intuos 4 :I