Color blindness compensation?
Hey all, it seems I have an issue similar to Dan's color blindness. I know he's mentioned it in streams before but has he ever gone into any detail as to what can be done to compensate or counter act the color blindness? Anyone have any tricks to help with something like this? Dan, I'd love to know how you deal with it!

I'm sure he mentioned this in the stream at some point but I'll do it again!

Just send your image to a friend to see if the reds are too red or the greens are too green and such. Then use filters to fix it.

I'm not color blind so I can't really give you the best advice but that's what I would do if I were colorblind.. I think!

haha, I guess the simplest answer is always the best. I feel silly I didn't think of doing that in the first place, thanks Conny!
From what i have seen on Dan the most trouble he has is when it comes to skin tone, the rest doesn't look bad, so as Conny said ask a friend or when you think the skin tone is close you may wanna put more red in it, hehe.

I wish there was a good way to help with this, such a shame that with all the tech we have we can't come up with something ...
One of my friends is color blind as well and usually gets a few second opinions for the same reasons. He's also memorized the RGB numbers for the red and greens.

But here's his gallery- http://blackbookalpha.com/
I wonder if colorblindness helps for understanding value. I have a hard time seeing values in bright colors.

Cager-I can tell your friend loves color too.

Cager, your friend has some sweet work! Color has always been a weak spot for me so I stuck mostly to black and white, all pencil and ink art. I'm really trying to shore it up, so I guess puttin' my stuff up for crits is the best way to figure it out!