Gaby's Black Book
Nice sketchbook, it really is off to a great start and your illustrations are looking like they're at a good finished point.

It's nice to see that your are studying light, and shadow shapes. A few of your pieces have some muddied values, good rendering and finish, but I cannot help but get the sense that both the light and shadow are separate. So, good on ya for picking that up. I can't wait to see more finished results of those studies reflected in your personal work. :]

This latest piece is really looking up, I like the idea and the composition/lighting is looking good so far. Keep an eye on her values and the values of the background, her mid to lower torso is getting lost in the darkness of the couch behind her, so just be wary of that. The candles in the foreground are a bit distracting to me, personally. I think it could do with just one candle, or some other trinkets, or furnishings to hint at a foreground, possibly let us see a little more of the book that is open right in the front.

Hope this helps, this new piece is looking good. :D

Happy Halloween!!

Attached Files Image(s)

So many light colors. It looks awesome :)

My latest piece, Gotham Sirens. This started like a face expresion studio from Kerraldine, a really good cosplayer/dancer but evolved into a full painting inspired in the Batman Animated Series from the 90's. Hope you guys like it and thank you all for your great critiques and comments! :D

(09-27-2013, 06:16 AM)Archreux Wrote: Nice sketchbook, it really is off to a great start and your illustrations are looking like they're at a good finished point.

It's nice to see that your are studying light, and shadow shapes. A few of your pieces have some muddied values, good rendering and finish, but I cannot help but get the sense that both the light and shadow are separate. So, good on ya for picking that up. I can't wait to see more finished results of those studies reflected in your personal work. :]

This latest piece is really looking up, I like the idea and the composition/lighting is looking good so far. Keep an eye on her values and the values of the background, her mid to lower torso is getting lost in the darkness of the couch behind her, so just be wary of that. The candles in the foreground are a bit distracting to me, personally. I think it could do with just one candle, or some other trinkets, or furnishings to hint at a foreground, possibly let us see a little more of the book that is open right in the front.

Hope this helps, this new piece is looking good. :D

Wow! thank you so much for this amazing critique, I saw until recently but I apreciate it very much and will try to keep your advice close in the next pieces. Looking forward to make more light studies. And I will apreciate your opinnion on the next pieces when you get the chance! :D

(10-23-2013, 12:52 PM)Prabu Wrote: So many light colors. It looks awesome :)

Thank you! Gotta say that was quite challenging, it was the first time I worked with so many lightsourses :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Lately I've been crazy about colors... seems I cannot get enough of these basterds... Playing with crazy lights... gotta do some more studies, though.

Attached Files Image(s)

Latest!

Attached Files Image(s)