i need to get better.

hi guys. i'm new. hopefully i can post a new work everyday.

tried to emulate olivierh's forest painting but i failed miserably.
Good start sir, I salute you on your journey.
(12-22-2012, 10:52 PM)Yarrnick Wrote: Good start sir, I salute you on your journey.

thanks man! thank you for looking at my sketchbook!

modified the weapon.

some sort of portrait? work in progress and some silhouettes.

the frustration is real.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those figures look nice. For heads I would focus on the major forms and not worry about drawing individual features. Study Loomis heads, the Reilly head rhythms and Asaro heads. Understanding the basic plains and rhythms is the foundation of a a good head drawing. The features will fall into place much easier with a good foundation. Keep posting!

(04-05-2015, 12:43 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Those figures look nice. For heads I would focus on the major forms and not worry about drawing individual features. Study Loomis heads, the Reilly head rhythms and Asaro heads. Understanding the basic plains and rhythms is the foundation of a a good head drawing. The features will fall into place much easier with a good foundation. Keep posting!

thanks man! will do. im makin loomis heads right now. but will check on reilly and asaro heads. thanks again man :)
made a portrait today. 1 still life and uhhhh...loomis heads..and it was so shitastic.

got burned out doing studies so uhh..so i uhh drew some shit. a humanoid dog type i dunno. a character of mine and some guy that was supposed to ride a dragon but turned into a chicken. sorry bout the large images just learned how to edit it today

Attached Files Image(s)