Trees will Cry
Hey guys my name is Alec i am 17 years old and am deciding to become a dagger today in the pursuit of becoming the best and most successful artist i can be! So to start it off here is a little study i did earlier maybe 1hr and 35mins?

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a cactus study i did that i will apply later on to a creature design. Another update probably later tonight!

Attached Files Image(s)

Another study bout an hour and 20 or so

Attached Files Image(s)

Update: So this is a character design ive been working on that has taken me way to long and plan on finishing the hands and feet and other details tomorrow but i feel has taught me a lot in the process! It is a character for my portfolio for colleges that i have to send in by the end of this month which i still have ton of work to do and will be cranking out this month! So this character is supposed to be smeagol for Lord of the Rings but i changed the culture to a more tribal/native american time period.Critique and advise are greatly appreciated! also in case anyone was wondering ive been drawing for about a year

Hey keep up !
I'd suggest you really pay attention to anatomy and start learning it, here is a great book for you to read : Bridgman's constructive anatomy

Hope you'll like it,
Cheers

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Hey

The arms are too fleshy compared to the rest of the body.
Look at the distance from ribs to pelvis, it hurts.
Humans have 12 ribs. Google costal cartilage and think about the 2 floating ribs.

Why dont you use some reference for the pose and then add your design?

Also google Egon Schiele for reference and inspiration. Good knowledge of anatomy.

Sketchbook: p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7
Heavenwill- thanks for being my first commenter and i definitely will I know that anatomy is a weak point for me ill definitely work on it!

AlfonsoX- Thanks for your advise i tried to improve some of it and hope it looks better. I definitely need to work on anatomy.

finally finished this smeagol i feel like ive worked on him for way to long.. But whatever good learning experience i guess. I hope it looks alright i tried to fix some of the issues but just dont have anymore time to work on this.

Attached Files Image(s)

The way you drew it shows that you're thinking about anatomy, that's very important, the only thing you need now is more knowledge.
if you're serious about it, try vilppu, he's an awesome teacher for figure drawing and anatomy.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Heavenwill- Thanks man ya im trying hard to think about anatomy but your right i just lack a lot of the knowledge and ya i was studying vilppu yesterday and love his style and his exercises very loose and fun!

Heres just a little messy painting i did of dumbo at 3 in the morning for my girlfriend since shes out of town!

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a quick update here is a creature im working on for my portfolio its supposed to be like the tree people from lord of the rings but I figured a cactus would fit well with my theme.

Attached Files Image(s)

Desert Ent still a little cleaning up to do but eh :P

Attached Files Image(s)

Study for another character i dont think i did to good but hey its a study only 92350452843683426324634 more :)

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP Aragorn. Im trying to put a lot more work into my art and adding more of a process to it along with applying studies i do. also ive been doing a 30min pixelovely class every morning for a bit now advise and Critique greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is my aragorn pretty much final couple little details im gonna fix but pretty much the finish! Also some sketchbook practice!

Attached Files Image(s)

Some vilppu studies and i decided to go down to the mall and draw people but they move to fast so i decided to go to pop eyes and did some life drawing! It was really hard since i havent done much life drawing probably why i fail to get better so im thinking i might try to do this at least once a week for 5 hours or so.. Also a couple poses done from imagination that fail in many ways I can tell that all these studies and practice i have been doing from life and imagination are paying off though!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys i know its been forever but ive just been active on conceptart rather than here. That however will be changing because i plan on making Crimson Daggers my main forum. In the past couple months i managed to get accepted to Laguna College of art and Design With this Portfolio. They also gave me a $6000 a year scholarship!! So ill be seeing everyone around!

Attached Files Image(s)

hey dude, you don't draw enough !! draw more, come on, spend 1 month filling up 1 sketchbook from life and 1 from imagination !!! You must draw like crazy until you won't suck anymore !! Come oooooon !!

Kikindaface- Thanks man i agree i dont draw enough and im planning on making that change! Its been rough the past couple of months with school, friends, and looking for a job but im definitely trying to keep myself on track so thank you! I like the idea of doing 2 sketchbooks a month maybe ill give it a shot!

Here is just a study of a model i did off of pixelovey.com

Attached Files Image(s)

Ehh i been a slacker lately but i still am drawing! Here is a crappy weird drawing i did applying some of what i learned from the previous study . Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

Come hangout and paint! https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/22c88...4708c90e5a