Lycrid's drawing frenzy
Hi Guys!

A friend of mine (Janos) recommended this board and I am very impressed so far. Very inspiring work here. I could spend hours of clicking thorugh those threads (and I will) but I know that you can get lost in that.

At the start of my journey I will focus on fundamentals:
Perspective
Anatomy
Light/Value

In between you will always have some sketches cause basics can be very exhausting and boring from time to time :D. When I feel ready to move on their will be more than just studys.
So let's get started, I am looking forward to my time here :D

Attached Files Image(s)

yeeeeeeaaaaahhh brohan!!!...gogogo !!!!
Had a pretty long lasting class today, but I had to finish this sketch after it.

I'm planning to work over that big shoe again and slightly render a few that I like most.

Attached Files Image(s)

lil update on the shoes

I suck at rendering :(
Those greyscales with just 3-4 colors are nice and I like that style, but Rendering stuff out, especially concerning material is tough.

Attached Files Image(s)

I finished my robot/nano suit sketches.

It is nice to see my own learning curve there. I got used to the tablet and my sense of form and 3D space got better.
Maybe I will do one of them in 3D.

Im so excited I don't know how I was able not to sketch for so long. It is a passion deep inside me and playing games and other stuff keept me from that for too long.

"If you always do, what you have always done, you will always get, what you always got"
Dunno who said that anymore, but he or she was so damn right.

Doing things different now :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Aaaaand some hand studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great studies Lycrid.
Thank you!

Some pretty nice stuff on your side as well, especially those villages and environments.
I should do some too, looks exciting :D
Check out dat linework!! :)

Oh thx!

Actually it is an awesome feeling when you think of a line on your Monitor and after a certain movement it really appears .. xD. The eye/hand coordination was driving me crazy at start but it is getting better.

When I draw with pencil, I ghost the line two times and then draw it. So it was frustration at first with the tablet and now there is always a lil smile when it just works.

I was not able to draw in the last days because of my time consuming studies.
Sometimes i drew even after 3am but now my body said: nope.

But I have this feeling to draw the whole time so there will be more soon.

"If you do, what you have always done, you will always get, what you always got."

Sketchbook
Good perspective and sense of space!

Focus.
Not being able to post here for such a long time was like torture.
I will try to be more frequently even with studys going on besides.

Here are some backback scribbles:

Attached Files Image(s)

"If you do, what you have always done, you will always get, what you always got."

Sketchbook
Long time no see!

I am finally drawing again, felt weird not to draw for such a long time :(

Here are some sketches I did during a train ride.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook