Ahoy!
Hey There,

My name is David Shearer aka davidtheartist. I am a freelance illustrator and graphic designer from BC Canada. Im 28 years old, havent gone to art college, was in AP art in highschool, and have been working in art as much career since I graduated in 2003. Ive had my freelance business since 2007.

I spent a lot of my years on conceptart.org and am now looking for a new home since that site seems to be going down. Dave Rapoza and Daniel seem to have a great thing going on here so Im happy to come join. It feels like there are people here who are eager to grow.

I think conceptart.org went wrong because they became too diluted. Their site became over-saturated with different rooms you could visit, places you could go, and outside links to classes. They became greedy and tried to sell more learning than giving it for free, which in a way is understandable. But in my mind it killed the community. We need limited rooms, specific places to put things, and the goal should always be to providing a great experience for those who are aiming high.

i appreciate this new forum and hope I can add to it!

Hello and welcome, David! Your Atlantis art is awesoooooome)