Jordy's Sketchbook with Art Stuff
[Image: 2014-02-03_10-13-44.jpg]

[Image: 2014-02-07_01-31-05.jpg]

Heh, cool stuff man! Really the like the composition and the tree's face in that last one. Maybe make him a bit longer to be more imposing for the dwarf. Awesome stuff! I think some LOTR screencap studies would help with the new piece :)
Thanks a ton! :) Good ideas, and I really should do some LOTR screencap studies! I can't believe I've never even done that :)

[Image: 2014-02-08_12-20-54.jpg]

Awesome stuff man, really digging the sketch at the top of this page especially. That comp is killer. No real crits, sorry. Just keep it coming dude :)

Thank you! :) More sketches

[Image: 2014-02-16_02-54-54.png]
[Image: 2014-02-16_02-51-55.jpg]

The love the colours in your work a lot, not real crits but keep it coming :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Question, do you smudge the grass and sky with like a rake brush?
Looks like that could be very effective!

Mariyan-Hristov: that is correct english :)

Thank you Egbu, Mariyan!

Doublethink:

I use the mixer brush tool to create soft edges, (its like a faster smudge tool), it's a pretty basic round soft mixer, and have a sort of rakey-grass brush for the grass :)

[Image: 2014-02-19_07-04-04.jpg]

Study

I like the boldness of your work. That last study really shows it off. Like you really thought about putting down your strokes and not just random scribbling.
Great work

Thanks a ton Tom :) I try to approach some paintings like real oil paintings

Landscape study. (used a painting as rough reference)

[Image: 2014-02-22_03-12-58.jpg]

Quick photostudy

[Image: 2014-02-22_17-29-26.jpg]

Cool stuff man! I really dig your warm up sketches
Keep up the hard work!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thankyou! :)

Another study after a painting

[Image: 2014-02-23_10-49-01.jpg]

I like the mountain study, it looks successful to me. Definitely a step in the right direction; I think you should do more experimentation with that technique. Not so sure about your painterly ones though, love the colors but they kinda lack the 'snap' you had with the Mountain painting.

Although I feel that your little dwarven samurai warrior has a nice balance between the two styles you have going on here.
Thanks a ton for the feedback :)
Another sketch

[Image: 2014-02-23_15-36-45.jpg]

Awesome portrait man, did a great job! In fact some great stuff in general, awesome brushwork everywhere, keep it up :D.

Thanks a ton man! I'm pretty obsessed with nice brush strokes :p so its good to hear that.

Quick sketch :)

[Image: 2014-02-24_17-00-17.jpg]

Been a while since I liked a sketch of mine! Maybe I'm finally getting out of this loss-streak and improving a little :) Feedback very welcome!

[Image: 2014-02-24_20-49-42.jpg]