Egbu draws stuff!
I use to go by the name superhmerh, but I wanted to use the name I use on the internet currently (Egbu) as I liked it more than superhmerh which was more of an accident if anything, anyway seeing I barely had anything in my old sketchbook I would make a new one which I would post pretty regularly in from now. So to start ( restart ) here is a personal piece, a value/face study, Loomis Head and hands, and 30, 30 second poses

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey , nice start to your new sketchbook man! Keep doing those studies...actually do more... I like the portrait you did.It's really well done.For the poses , try to think why you're doing them and what you're gaining from them and how you can use it , instead of just doing for the sake of doing. Anyway , keep at it and good luck ! :)
Thanks Othrandir I will do more, infact the main reason why I am doing poses is because all my figures are really stiff and so are my lines when I draw, so I am trying to loosen them up and make them flow more. Urmm another study, I picked a pretty small image to study so everytime I zoomed in all I saw were pixels, so it is not the greatest, infact I know I can do better, also some Loomis head & hands and a few faces from imagination, I won't post all the poses because it will become pretty boring maybe tomorrow or something :D. Also a sketch I did not too long ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

studies for bloodsports :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Studies looking great! I would suggest you to try to do more still life.
So I have been away for a week and a bit cause of school and what not but I have been drawing everyday especially from imagination which is weird for me so here are the pages from the past week or so :D, there is also quite a lot of Loomis Heads & hands there as well. A few of these drawings were done with my weaker left hand.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hogarth and Loomis I guess, some sketches from imagination, thumbnails, some still lifes of my forearm and a study of a chuck close painting I had to do for art class.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really great to see your progress, especially with the loomis head studies etc. Currently trying to get this practice down myself and master it while reading through his book. Like to see you do some more life studies also :), keep up the hard work!

JonHop: Thanks the the encouragement and yeh I will try too
bridgeman & loomis leg studies from sketchbook because I suck at legs

Attached Files Image(s)

i like the amount of studies here!! keep it up!

but theres one thing i'd tell you, i feel like you are rushing too much to complete the drawings. try to get them as acuratte as possible. trace down some horizontal and vertical lines if you will, and match the drawing you're copying to your own. to do so, it is good to draw side by side.
try it!!
PedroC: Thanks for the advice I think I will try and slow down a bit to really try and make it accurate
I have to thank Wolkenfels for telling me the truth and convincing me to finish this properly and push it to as far as possible.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice sketchbook!

One tip/crit for the tree, is to use less pure black in the bg. And maybe use the rule of thirds more (like lowering the bird a bit)!

legs legs legs legs

Attached Files Image(s)

Kamiru: Thanks I will try and refrain from using black now, as it is quite a powerful colour and flattens objects
A Chuck Close study for art class and a bad sketch

Attached Files Image(s)

This week has been pretty slow, with school and what not anyway this is what I have done face sketch from imagination (I need to work on skin tone majorly), Bridgman leg studies and some sketchbook shizznit

Attached Files Image(s)

weird sketches and studies

Attached Files Image(s)

sketches from life,bridgman, have been trying to apply studies to my work, last one is an application of the bridgman leg studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
So... I did some quick studies of drapery from this blog, urmm a film still from Mirror Mirror, then I tried to apply it, (they both failed). The last was just a block in pose I did this morning to warm me up, I want to do more of these and finally I have some stuff in the pipeline for the Team Challenge on CA, but I don't see any point in posting the concepts until they are done. :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
love how much you do! good stuff Miles - keep going! if you look at the cinema reference you should be able to see your progress in the last months... great!