Swamp Witch Wip - Paintover, crit...
I am trying to make the composition work the best way so it puts the character in the first place but also keep it intense.... Also I am really trying to push the lighting as intense as possible but still be able to show the character form... I am first rendering just the body to get the lighting down, but i will post the one with the clothes just to show the concept... Plz help
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1703422&d=1359811560]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1704421&d=1359888379]

Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2120-page-2.html
Just to update my wip for today...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1705057&d=1359940565]
Added the armor... Now the feathers, staff and environment... I think the Environment will dictate the success of the Image... Also I am now not sure... does this forum section require finished images or can it be a WIP?

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1706596&d=1360085703]
hey Igor, i like where this is going, however if you want my opinion i will give you my two cents.

You should revise the values (the picture is too dark) her anatomy, special attention to the movement of the head, the size of the hips (too small) and her legs.
Take all the references you need to make her pose and anatomy as realist and natural as possible.
Also i think you are wrong when you say that the success of this picture will rely on the background.
The main point of interest in the picture is her, and the background should serve as a support, a complement to the character.
For the color scheme, almost all of the picture is green, that make the picture look boring. Try to add some complementary colors of green to the background.

Hope you find this useful mate, cheers!

Eduardo THX! I tried to fix the things you told me to where I could.... and done some more rendering of the background and stuff...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1707775&d=1360169189]

cool, the picture already improved a lot imo.
Try to add more colors, maybe a dark blue/purple, just experiment a bit. :P

Thx Eduardo! It is done!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1708900&d=1360272560]

First thing to mention watch out for unbalanced background as it seem that the right side has more weight then the left side

Second thing i would say is that the armor seem like she might hurt herself.

Third observation i think there is 3 lightsource if i am right one from the sun that come from the top left in her back second is from the staff a little bit on he side over her head but what is bugging me is the third light source that seem to come from the left side on he side and this light source hit the arm, face and hair is that light just to make her pop more?I am curious what is the third light.Also i think you didnt but any light from the sun on her hair if i am not wrong

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.