What I'm working on now and other scribbles
I thought I would try and make this as easy on myself as possible by just posting whatever I am working on so that I keep it regular. So this is what I am working on at the moment. A little penguin dude. I am going to start painting him today.

That's awesome! It looks really good, did you do studies of regular penguins before you drew you cartoony version?

(04-10-2013, 05:24 PM)Mannyhaatz Wrote: That's awesome! It looks really good, did you do studies of regular penguins before you drew you cartoony version?

Hey Manny, thanks! And yes, I just did some doodles of the skull first as that usually helps me understand the anatomy a little more. Nothing extensive though as I find it usually hits home enough to do a quick study :)
Penguin Painted

Some Boards I have been doodling on for my story book... A long, long , long ways to go yet!

The latest one is lovely, I really like the simplicity of it.
The penguin has great movement, you don't happen to have roots in animation do you?

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
(04-19-2013, 07:46 PM)Markus Wrote: The latest one is lovely, I really like the simplicity of it.
The penguin has great movement, you don't happen to have roots in animation do you?

Thanks Markus. Um, not really. I never studied art but I did intern at a production house after school. I helped out with frames on some 2 D stuff - so maybe that's the influence :)

Really great movement and character in your drawings! I'm pretty sure the girl mixing the batter's legs are off though.
(04-20-2013, 01:28 AM)kindcrayons Wrote: Really great movement and character in your drawings! I'm pretty sure the girl mixing the batter's legs are off though.

Thanks Kind Crayons! I spotted that too and tried to fix them earlier... do you think they look better?

(04-20-2013, 01:58 AM)Vosillus Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 01:28 AM)kindcrayons Wrote: Really great movement and character in your drawings! I'm pretty sure the girl mixing the batter's legs are off though.

Thanks Kind Crayons! I spotted that too and tried to fix them earlier... do you think they look better?

whoops forgot to attach
This SB is so good. Great work.

(04-20-2013, 02:38 AM)Mythtaken Wrote: This SB is so good. Great work.

Thanks MythTaken!

Coloring this little pot 'O love[/i]
Whoa, awesome sketchbook, love the style!

I think they're still too far back?

Hm. You decide. I moved the legs forward in the edit. I think the bend of the knees can be a bit higher and follow the same perspective as the hips/heels. Oh I didn't do the edit, but I think the elbow's in a wonky place too.

(04-20-2013, 09:42 AM)kindcrayons Wrote: I think they're still too far back?

Hm. You decide. I moved the legs forward in the edit. I think the bend of the knees can be a bit higher and follow the same perspective as the hips/heels. Oh I didn't do the edit, but I think the elbow's in a wonky place too.

wow, I really appreciate the time you took to help me out. Thank-you so much! You're pure class! I will definitely use it. Thanks again!

(04-20-2013, 04:18 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: Whoa, awesome sketchbook, love the style!

Thanks Ursula!!! Love your work, I will come and visit your sketchbook too!!
Sketch on sunday

finished Miss Thang ( almost )