Philip's SketchBook
Hey Philip, perspective is coming along, I know it is hard work and its good to see you making consistent genuine effort. Also, it looks like you learned a lot from that sphere study, just be sure you make a very conscious effort to identify and apply those discoveries and observations in new work. Like the butterfly knife/cig study, high acuity on that piece, but try to directly adapt that knowledge for other projects(values and specularity, shadow hues, material texture, edge control)

Keep going!
(PS I hate drawing wheels! You seem to have a good handle on them, nice work.)

Looking pretty good so far! Perspective isn't easy but the more we do it, the more we can visualize things naturally in 3D space. Like I've been suggesting to a few daggers here, try wielding the pen and sketch only with that for a while, you may be surprised with how it loosens you up and increases confidence over time. Before that I would draw and erase erase erase, now I pick my lines more carefully even when working with pencils. I suggest the Pentel brush pen because of its pressure sensitivity. Keep up the good work!

Thank you all for your tips and kind comments guys. It warms up my heart!

I have been super busy lately, so I haven’t really had the time to update my sketchbook. How ever, I'm still trying to paint as much as I can.

This summer, my dad's Tibia character “Dragon-Tail” had it's tenth anniversary. So I made a tribute painting, based on the characters equipment.

A quick drawing of my Penny Board

WiP for this weeks EoW at conceptart.org :)

Johnny Depp portrait study :)

I didn’t make to much effort making the shirt look correct since the values on the face and the face it self was the main focus in this study.

And here's my EoW final