Studies, Sketches, Spacemen
[Image: 7_idyots20130317.jpg]
[Image: 7_idyots20130316.jpg]
[Image: 7_idyots20130314.jpg]
[Image: 7_sketch20130316.jpg]

Some subway drawings and one from a life drawing session. 20 min pose
cool sketches !

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Heavenwill- Thanks!

Did what felt like a billion studies today and all of them failed miserably. Biting off more than I can chew at times. This is the only one that came out all right. And it's not even that accurate...

Attached Files Image(s)

Some studies done for the study group. My accuracy and values are definitely off.
good studies/sketches. The woman from life drawing session is great. I feel the weight but I think her head is a bit small since it's the closest to the viewer (foreshortening and all that). But great job for 20 min. Very good indeed! I'd love to se more figures from you! Kepp up the good work my friend.

(03-20-2013, 10:00 AM)la1uc Wrote: good studies/sketches. The woman from life drawing session is great. I feel the weight but I think her head is a bit small since it's the closest to the viewer (foreshortening and all that). But great job for 20 min. Very good indeed! I'd love to se more figures from you! Kepp up the good work my friend.

Thanks la1uc. The model was a bit (incredibly) disproportionate, which was really throwing off all my sketches. I find the heavyset models an incredible challenge since some of the typical cues you might find on the body are obscured. But no doubt there's some errors since I hadn't bothered to do much measuring.
just dropped in to say i really love this sb and the sketches have a lot of life in them, u can really feel the chars. One thing i did notice is that u tend to render out every hair, and also u dont consider the hair a mass and shade the values accordingly. In all ur sketches ur shading the hair in its local colour, if u think of the hair just like any other part of the body and model the planes for it then u will get better results i think. anyways great job cant wait to see more, and great form on the faces :)
Thanks Yololex. You're right, I do find myself getting caught up in unnecessary details far too early and often.

Here's an onion.

dude! this sb is mind blowing!! your style is awesome! :)

really liking your studies!

Studies:

Really love the stuff you got going on here, keep up the good work, when you get a min can you give mine a look http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

friday night study.
love it man! the first one is awesome! keep it up

subway sketch and painted in ps
nice bro! happy to see you working hard man!