MonoOrder's Deathline 2013!
I recently make a post on my blog detailing the guidelines I created for myself when it comes to my art process and growth.

I have the following deathline goals to go along with these guidelines:

1. Develop the skills to produce professional quality work.
2. Make friends within the art community both online and offline.
3. Adapt my body to get by on 5 hours of sleep a day.

-I will study harder and more efficiently this year. Studying without DIRECTION is pointless. I need to FOCUS my studies towards my personal art. I want to get to ~14 hours of art a day by the end of the year. I know there will be days where I will be burnt out or busy with other things. For those days I will still force myself to do at least 2 hours of art.

-I need to stop being so antisocial. I've been living like a hermit this past year and haven't made any art friends. I want to make friends and find study partners both online and offline that will help me push myself harder. I need to start participating more on the forums and create/joine livestreams to force myself out of my shell.

-I used to play world of warcraft for 16 hours straight and then sleep for 12+ hours for a good few years of my life. This dysfunctional schedule DESTROYED my sleep patterns. When I hear Bobby Chiu preaching to fight off sleep and hear how the FZD students are averaging 5 hours of sleep it makes me realize that I need to start working harder and sleeping less.

If I start off with 5 hours of sleep a day now I would not be able to do it so I will slowly work down to 5 hours over the 2013 year, letting my body get accustomed to my new schedule. I've done a lot of research on sleep and I know I can do it with discipline and the right supplements.

Hi Mono,

Limiting yourself to only 5 hours of sleep per night doesn't seem very healthy but it's your choice. 9 - 10 hours of sleep per night is more natural for the body and will give you the energy to maintain maximum alertness during the remaining hours of the day--you will be more efficient when you work on your art and accomplish more during the day when your body is well-rested. Plus, with good sleep hygiene, your brain's frontal lobe will not shut down (which is responsible for creativity and visual thinking) which, in turn, will keep your creativity intact and allow your mind to think spatially and geometrically--very important abilities if you ever want to master perspective drawing and the ability to think in 3D. Both very necessary skills if you ever want to become an efficient production artist like Feng Zhu.

But if you're dead set on reducing your body's sleep requirements to something like 5 hours or less, I recommend you do an internet search for "Air Force sleep deprivation training" and then you can become as dull and brain-dead as me. Lol!
I know what you mean by your brain shutting down due to lack of sleep Eric. I experienced it before when I tried a week and a half of 6 hours of sleep late year. I would do art in the morning but I was a zombie in the evening. I still forced myself awake to stick to my sleep schedule but I was totally unproductive during the last 6 hours of the day.

But I did a lot of research on sleep and with a good diet and supplements my body has adapted much better to <7 hours sleep. I did not read about the Air force sleep depravation though but I'll look into it! Thanks!