Princess Mononoke WIP
Here is the background I am thinking of using. I'm trying to figure out if there is enough room for the characters in the foreground with out blocking the background. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

wolf study

:O nice concept but i think there is a big canvas in my opinion will look awesome if you crop the canvas a little
(01-31-2012, 08:27 PM)Benjah Wrote: :O nice concept but i think there is a big canvas in my opinion will look awesome if you crop the canvas a little

I was thinking about adding the main characters and the title at the bottom where there is empty space, but I think it might not all fit. I'm gonna do another composition study and more animal studies as well as background studies.
Here is the final comp I will be going with. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You're creating a visual line right down the middle of your piece. Now that isn't necessarily going to always be a bad thing, but it's tough to do right.

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
(02-01-2012, 04:14 PM)Zesiul Wrote: You're creating a visual line right down the middle of your piece. Now that isn't necessarily going to always be a bad thing, but it's tough to do right.

The top two characters were going to be looking towards the middle and I was thinking of drawing two more characters in the water swimming towards the island and they would be coming from the bottom left and bottom right. If I was going to make the middle the main focus, maybe I should put the title in the middle like it's hovering right on the island. It would be smaller to fit on the island. Yes or No?
I changed the scene a little bit.
different concept

Here is what I have so far. Gonna finish up tomorrow. Also did another study.

did more work on it.

Latest update. Hopefully I'll finish before the deadline.

Here are my final versions. Don't know which I like better.