Critique Requested
I hope I'm posting this alright.... I need a few advises befor I go on on this piece... What I tried to convey here is that she's of some sort of royal linage and she's in a really cold place. Please keep in mind that neither she or the background is finished yet. The clothes have to remain as sexy as possible due to her personality that's why I kept the cleavage uncovered and from inside theres a warm light to balance temperature. I changed the composition from the first sketch and made her a little closer for she's the selling point here. I liked the backlit silhouette and the colors remain as cold as possible... but I feel there's something I'm missing... Constructive critiques are welcome! Thank you!

Attached Files Image(s)

If you're trying for a really cold atmosphere you might want to rethink the colour scheme. You've got a lot of warm browns at the moment. I'd also be tempted to exaggerate the fur collar some more to emphasise it's winter wear. Hope that's of some help.

(06-01-2013, 09:15 AM)Ignatz Wrote: If you're trying for a really cold atmosphere you might want to rethink the colour scheme. You've got a lot of warm browns at the moment. I'd also be tempted to exaggerate the fur collar some more to emphasise it's winter wear. Hope that's of some help.

Why thank you! I think exagerating the fur collar might work. Now color-wise What I tried to do with the brown shadows is to make believe that somehow inside is warm maybe with the help of a fireplace a chimney or something... but outside is where the cold and winter roams! haha maybe with the mountaintops this wil be clear. ;) Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and advise. I will experiment with colors though. THANKS!!!

Finished piece! XD Had so much fun at the beggining but got bored as I took longer... :S Hope ya'll dig!

Attached Files Image(s)