art school or no art school
should i go to art school or just say screw art school and just learn art and animation by myself?
i was going to go to a art school but i learned its not needed nor is it important. so should i just learn on my own instead?
(06-08-2013, 10:40 PM)ghost59 Wrote: should i go to art school or just say screw art school and just learn art and animation by myself?
i was going to go to a art school but i learned its not needed nor is it important. so should i just learn on my own instead?

I think that depends on where you're living, what kind of school you can afford?
You can learn art on your own just discipline yourself and read every resource you can find. A lot books are really helpful and they aren't that expensive like schools, courses or dvd training. Whole internet is for free. If you don't see any point or know that in country you are living, art schools aren't the best don't go there.

With animations is more difficult, are you into 2d or 3d animation? What is your goal? Working in Pixar or making animations for Cartoon Network? If you want work for big companies it would be beneficial if you would go to some prestige school.

(06-08-2013, 11:43 PM)Madzia Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 10:40 PM)ghost59 Wrote: should i go to art school or just say screw art school and just learn art and animation by myself?

I think that depends on where you're living, what kind of school you can afford?
You can learn art on your own just discipline yourself and read every resource you can find. A lot books are really helpful and they aren't that expensive like schools, courses or dvd training. Whole internet is for free. If you don't see any point or know that in country you are living, art schools aren't the best don't go there.

With animations is more difficult, are you into 2d or 3d animation? What is your goal? Working in Pixar or making animations for Cartoon Network? If you want work for big companies it would be beneficial if you would go to some prestige school.
2d animation, to get good enough so i can make my own anime. well bring my anime to life.
and alright no art school for me :D
Im a believer that your dont need a school if you have the discipline and drive to teach yourself, the resources out there are insane and the communities about can give you direction. What schools do best is structure your learning for you, and give you extra inscentive to make sure you reach your goals. if you dont believe you need that then I'm sure you can make it on your own.

(06-09-2013, 12:45 AM)ghost59 Wrote: 2d animation, to get good enough so i can make my own anime. well bring my anime to life.

nope, you don't need school for that :D

(06-09-2013, 12:54 AM)Vandall Wrote: Im a believer that your dont need a school if you have the discipline and drive to teach yourself, the resources out there are insane and the communities about can give you direction. What schools do best is structure your learning for you, and give you extra inscentive to make sure you reach your goals. if you dont believe you need that then I'm sure you can make it on your own.

alright :D hard cruel world here i come.
i will be going on my own now XD

(06-09-2013, 01:06 AM)Madzia Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 12:45 AM)ghost59 Wrote: 2d animation, to get good enough so i can make my own anime. well bring my anime to life.

nope, you don't need school for that :D

awesome i can work make my anime as i get better
alone. XD i will make this anime by myself only help of voice actors and composer XD