wasp-whacking faerie
ok guys, so i'm hoping to get some nice feedback from all you lovely bunch, don't hold back, i want to push this one as far as i can as best as i can.

A little aditional info:

Concept: A faerie running away from an angry wasp. She is not afraid, this is something usual for her, so she's whimsical about it. Near by, there is another faerie watching the show. The faerie is holding a stick or some similar object she uses to whack the wasps in the head and get their attention.

It will be really hard to show emotions on wasp, insects don't have mimicry so it's not so obvious what it is thinking :D You could push it little further in narration to point when something is ALMOST happening. Wasp almost can grab fairy and fairy swings the stick and she will hit wasp in next second. Situation looks dangerous but joy shown by fairy should make it look like a fun. Maybe upgrade the stick to mace or hammer so it would be instantly readable as a weapon ?
Good job, keep it up :)

(06-16-2013, 11:18 PM)Madzia Wrote: It will be really hard to show emotions on wasp, insects don't have mimicry so it's not so obvious what it is thinking :D You could push it little further in narration to point when something is ALMOST happening. Wasp almost can grab fairy and fairy swings the stick and she will hit wasp in next second. Situation looks dangerous but joy shown by fairy should make it look like a fun. Maybe upgrade the stick to mace or hammer so it would be instantly readable as a weapon ?
Good job, keep it up :)

Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. I agree, it's tough to show emotions for insects. I was hoping body language could do that and the open mandibles show some kind of threat. I like your idea of the wasp almost snatching her, I'll see if I can incorporate that in a way that still show's she is way too good to be caught. Thanks again!