Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :)
Piotr Jasielski: I've been letting it chill the past two days and it's already getting better (yay for yoga and weightlifting <3) Also found a book to read and some tutorials and man I need to remind myself to do more of that haha
Ah thanks for pointing that out, value is truly a struggle sometimes, I'll make sure to work on it :D

I've been doing these memory studies the past few days and they are really helpful. They really force you to focus to try and remember all the different elements of your study. It's super difficult though, but I'm already starting to see slight improvement

Painting from memory of  the LotR study I did (as you can see, I am struggling haha)

These two were done with my left hand 
Study:

Memory:

Study:

Memory:

I'm going to do one of these everyday for the next month so it's going to be fun to see if there is going to be any improvement.

On another note, cc2 is starting... I'd love to join but I don't think I'll have time for this round </3 So excited to see what everyone comes up with though! Good luck!
Little doodle before bed, pretty fun to play around with. I'd love to explore a more graphic, flat style

Attached Files Image(s)

That last one from memory is actually better than the study! Brushwork on the grass near water part is so tasty.

As for the last doodle - I love the style. Are these mixer brushes?

Thanks so much Piotr! These studies are really really helpful so far :D
I just used colour dynamics, haven't really gotten the hang of mixer brush yet :P 

So yesterday was a lovely fail, I realised I suck at drawing mountains and cliffs etc, so expect a lot of that from now on hahaha
study:

Memory: I worked on it more than this in school, but I forgot to upload it to my google drive, so I'll update it tomorrow

Although this isn't the final version it shows pretty clearly what I struggle with. I found it really difficult to figure out what the pattern of the cliff was and what the shadows were supposed to be like (dem values dammit) aaand my colours were also way off.  Need to remember to really think about the form more and understand how the light is hitting it.

I also think the method I used was a little wonky for me. But that's the good thing about trying different approaches; you find out what works best for you :)

Today's study went better, going BW also made it easier to think about the forms and such.
Study:

memory:

I know it's always tough to struggle with things you aren't good at–but going outside your comfort zone is what makes you grow! :) I don't have much advice on rendering cliffs. But all you need to do is keep doing what you are doing. And again, that last BW cliff you did from memory is much better than the study. That's funny, usually it is the other way around!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
Sagittarius-A-Star: It's super tough, but at least then you know you're doing something right! And thank you, I will keep pushing! <3

---

Hey guys. So... I knew I was bad at painting/drawing mountains and cliffs. But holy poop on a stick I was not aware that it was /this/ bad. 
Yesterday's memory drawing was probably my worst one so far (I honestly don't know if I dare upload it), adding buildings on mountains only makes them like 10x harder to paint haha. These next days are going to painful my friends, but ooooh I neeed to get good at doing mountains and mountains with buildings and landscapes and you know.... everything .
It can easily be discouraging to see your weaknesses so clearly before your eyes, but if you look at it from another angle, then at least you know what you got to work on.

Anyway, this week is going to be a nice and busy one. My teacher  at school this week is Peter Chan and we're going to work on concept development, needless to say, I am really pumped

Study:

Memory:

Study:

Memory:

Study:

Memory:

Other memory/colour stuff and random doodles

Really great value work! And I love that edgy style from the last illustration. Looks really cool! :D

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
You are doing great. Your memory stuff arereally better than the studies. I really love your works. Keep going.

PurpleScissors: Thanks so much! I'll definitely keep going! ^_^
wasgodx: Thank you I really appreciate it! :D
-----

Hi guys! Been a while since I posted so I'm just going to post some of the  stuff I've been doing lately. 

[attachment=88832]

Welcome back! My piece of advice - try to make your edges more clear. I also have this problem and I had a tendency to make everything very blurry/messy instead of clear transitions.

Piotr: It's good to be back! I see what you mean with the edges. It's something that I've been noticing myself so hearing it come from someone else is always a good reminder to work harder on that. Gotta get better at that edge control!
---------

Dump. 

Attached Files Image(s)

haha idk why but your line drawings remind me of Kimonas; you actually have solid stuff in here my friend :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
wooow fuck! his studies are really productive. I get there hehe you make an average of how many studies per month?
and I saw here in the nude models, you do the blocking of color after a smoky. tool that does this? you use photoshop?
Fedodika: haha perhaps there is some similarity?  And thank you! :D
Milena: I try to do at least a study a day, but sometimes life is life and there just isn't that much time, but I always keep a sketchbook with me :) 
Yeah with anatomy studies I tried to just really roughly block in the shadows shapes and light shapes and then use the smudge tool to blend, after that I just refine it and work on getting the edges, and transitions right.

----

Ploop!

Since I wasn't able to join the CC comic panel challenge, I decided to just do something in my own pace, still not done and I have another page to work on as well, but I'm really enjoying it! You really learn a lot from it.
Other than that, mix of studies and imaginative :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Work in progress :) I'm probably going change the colour of the clothes...

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished version :)

Attached Files Image(s)

This is why I love looking at sketchbooks, you've improved so much, keep it up!

find my embarrassing old art in my blog
hey Bjork :) thanks for stopping by my sketchbook hehe :3! Well i think your latest piece is super cute, kinda like a stylized Zoey Deschanel hehe. Much cutiness hoo hoo; I think her proportions work for the most part, maybe her neck could be a little longer or her legs a little shorter, (But i love the super long legs anyways haha,)

Also I'm not sure her left foot would be in complete profile at that angle, maybe it'd be tilting a little more to be parallel with the knee. Also maybe the right foot could be pointed directly towards the camera hmm; I tried stand in that position, but I am a Koala, so standing in a bipedal fashion is very hard and i just had to go back to sleep hmmm...

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Woow, awesome sketchbook, youre very good both in environment and characters :)
Keep it up, love seeing your environment studies

Janet: Thank you! I'm happy to hear that :D

Fedodika: No problem at all! and thank you c:
 Hmm you're probably right with the feet.  But sometimes I find it really strange how the feet are turned in comparison to the knees or the rest of the leg, but I'll keep it in mind for my next character! 
( The legs were originally longer actually haha ). Thank you for the feedback :D

Chris Rob:
Thank you! :D

-----
Some studies and a landscape sketch dump! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the landscape sketch. I just really liked the colours in it haha, Maybe I'll refine it and see if I can make sense of it,

Attached Files Image(s)