Sketchbook of Craig Martinez
Graphite on paper.
Studies from old masters, imagination and life drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice start Craig :). I like how you construct your anatomy from the skeleton outward (that alien fella with the eyes on his chest). Reminds me of the constructions in the Michael Hampton book (Figure Drawing Design And Invention) - have you seen that one? I really recommend it for anatomical construction.

Keep the work coming - looking good so far mate.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-07-2016, 09:22 PM)Artloader Wrote: Nice start Craig :).  I like how you construct your anatomy from the skeleton outward (that alien fella with the eyes on his chest).  Reminds me of the constructions in the Michael Hampton book (Figure Drawing Design And Invention) - have you seen that one?  I really recommend it for anatomical construction.

Keep the work coming - looking good so far mate.

Hey Artloader!
Thanks for looking and commenting.
I really appreciate that compliment! I was actually a student of Michael Hampton, and I still keep his book handy as reference, so its great to hear that my work shows influence of the ideas I learned from him.

Characters I've been working on. 
Having fun with two of my favorite things to paint: skulls and armor.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is some great stuff man. Construction really shows in your work, solid.

My only crit is empty space on your doods -- they feel like they could use some expressive detail that tell us more about them.

(07-09-2016, 05:01 AM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: This is some great stuff man. Construction really shows in your work, solid.

My only crit is empty space on your doods -- they feel like they could use some expressive detail that tell us more about them.

Thanks a lot!!

I really appreciate your compliment and critique. 
I will definitely try to improve on the negative space and try to add more story to the characters. 
I'll probably add some background to the painting of the skull/half goat guy.