Pam's Sketchbook
This will mostly be ballpoint pens but if I stop being a huge chicken, there'll be some watercolor and digital stuff as well. BE WARNED, there are notes and profanity scattered through these pages.

Pronghorn hellponies. Trying to break out of static poses and draw more people/animals interacting as opposed to just standing or sitting around. Also creature/character design and attempting to show cultural differences through horse tack.

[Image: tumblr_mome92uOGy1rvwyiso1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mome92uOGy1rvwyiso3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mome92uOGy1rvwyiso2_1280.png]

So-called "tigers", actually enormous, obligate carnivore lemurs on stlits. Smart enough to open doors and mimic animal or human cries to draw in prey.

[Image: tumblr_mozb8yorpE1r7zwvno1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mozb8yorpE1r7zwvno2_1280.png]

An attempt at painting a cave palace (or a colonnade, anyways) in grayscale, then adding color on a separate layer. I didn't get to the color part because of frustration.

[Image: tumblr_moqe3lIbMW1r7zwvno1_1280.png]

One of the twin conquerors in his early twenties? I guess? He's scruffy, not entirely human, and has the same warrior's haircut throughout his life. I am not sure whether the men within his culture actually grow the forelock out to pin it back as a sign of being undefeated (a la the Dothraki in ASOIAF, sans the bells) or not - my only attempts of drawing that kind of hairstyle have been embarrassing bordering on the hilarious. Ignore the wonky anatomy in the second image.

[Image: tumblr_mo7njdIwam1rvwyiso2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mo7njdIwam1rvwyiso1_1280.jpg]

A portrait of the yet-unnamed third wife of the twin conquerors from the same setting. She is pretty and red-haired and very sad.

[Image: tumblr_moke28YEoc1rvwyiso1_1280.png]

Rehauled beast design for one of the jerk gods in the same setting, who technically qualifies as a protagonist early on and becomes a shady and terrifying mentor figure to the aforementioned twin conquerors late in the story.

[Image: tumblr_mnwnwgSSo51rvwyiso1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mnwnwgSSo51rvwyiso3_1280.png]

A map of one of the three continents in the setting. Not extremely accurate or reflective of scale, but a good base for more detailed topographic and political maps (both regional and worldwide) that are sure to follow.

[Image: tumblr_mnszlh4ixK1rvwyiso1_1280.png]

Costume designs for one of the cultures in Samitra during a certain time period.

[Image: tumblr_mmgoriM4PX1r7zwvno2_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mmgoriM4PX1r7zwvno1_1280.png]

A forever unfinished comic page.

[Image: tumblr_mlwj04qD7P1r7zwvno1_500.png]

Animal studies.

[Image: tumblr_mme4dpq1z71r7zwvno2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mme4dpq1z71r7zwvno3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mme4dpq1z71r7zwvno6_1280.png]

Tree sap study.

[Image: tumblr_mlokj5UlT81r7zwvno1_500.png]

Some kind of fat dragon.

[Image: tumblr_mnn85rQ7B11r7zwvno1_1280.png]

And the decapitated head of an important character.

[Image: tumblr_mm1ag9CNYY1r7zwvno1_500.png]
I am digging your design work. really tight.

I feel your fundamentals aren't as strong(perspective lacking in a few pieces, rough anatomy), but the design work is definitely top notch.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
(06-27-2013, 07:02 AM)OtherMuzz Wrote: I am digging your design work. really tight.

I feel your fundamentals aren't as strong(perspective lacking in a few pieces, rough anatomy), but the design work is definitely top notch.

Thank you! I'm planning to do some studies and focus more on the construction aspect of...well, constructing figures and environments to pull myself up in those two departments.
sweet animal studies! hey im interested in study buddying ill send u a message on skype :)
Thank you so much! Also that is fantastic! I'll be on the lookout, though I will be gone from 6PM to 11PM tonight, so I might not catch you? Work and stuff.
A quickie axehound I drew before work. From Brandon Sanderson's brick of a novel, The Way of Kings. I know it deviates significantly from the canon interpretation (http://www.inkthinker.net/img/illustrati...hound_v02_[/i]NET.jpg) , but I'm just...not as fond of that particular designs. So yeah. Sleeker, more doglike. The dots at the top of the head are intended to be spiracles/nostrils.

I really want to attempt production art for that book? I guess? Overworked fanart? It'd be a good vehicle to practice drawing and painting armor/weapons, along with some seriously weird scenery and creatures.

[Image: tumblr_mp37kpQZkz1r7zwvno1_1280.jpg]
40 scribbly hand studies, done over the course of several weeks and referenced from senshistock's hand challenge pack.

[Image: tumblr_mk50n0llGR1r7zwvno1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mk50n0llGR1r7zwvno2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mk71uajGS51r7zwvno1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mk71uajGS51r7zwvno2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mk9ldg4mRI1r7zwvno1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mk9ldg4mRI1r7zwvno2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mk9ldg4mRI1r7zwvno3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mkdy2hY4eQ1r7zwvno3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mkdy2hY4eQ1r7zwvno2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mkdy2hY4eQ1r7zwvno1_1280.png]
I really enjoy your playful style, I think it keeps your concept work interesting and fresh. Keep posting for my own inspiration, and not because I'm selfish like that.

We are losing atmosphere...
man those designs were excellent had to relook over them, especially the war horse. those hand studies looking great too. maybe drop a few value studies in.
@Sargatanas - aaah, thank you! I looked through your sketchbook; I really like what you've got going so far c:. Can't wait to see more!
@YOLOLEX - thank you! yeah, value studies are great and I don't really do them enough. but that's fixable c:
Photostudy of Machu Pichu. I might pick at this later, but this is as done as it's going to get in the near future.

[Image: tumblr_mp6k8i2PFu1r7zwvno1_1280.png]
I recently took a punch RIGHT IN THE SCHEDULE at work, so here are some things that I managed to squeeze out recently. No studies, unfortunately, just personal things.

[Image: achievement_unlocked__weatherbeast_bff_b...6e41n8.png]

Aalit and Dazi scribbles from last night and today. Trying to nail down their faces and how they interact, and also Aalit’s cracked weatherbeast face from the far future.

Dazi and Aalit’s friendship is very sweet, but also fifty shades of sad because she has a finite lifespan and he does not. Plus he has trouble understanding the idea of finality/mortality to begin with, much like a Skyrim dragon

This relationship is super-formative for the both of them - Dazi turns out to be a fearless Boss Lady because she spent her childhood pelting an unstoppable force of nature with snowballs and trying to guide it towards the path of righteousness, as opposed to the path that rocks.

Aalit, on the other hand, learns a lot about people, picks up a lot of culture tidbits, skills, and experiences that will later define his personality (his fear of ghosts starts around this part of the story). Unfortunately, because of the way god memory works, he forgets a lot of specifics over time, but…yeah, it’s formative as hell.

Also, Dazi names him - or helps him to find the closest thing to a name. And he keeps it.

I am not good at explaining

[Image: tumblr_mq49a0aOhW1r7zwvno1_500.png]

A friend's toothy awkward character surrounded by alien strippers. Unfinished and cropped. For now.

[Image: tumblr_mpu5drBr2w1r7zwvno1_500.png]

A goofy animal.

[Image: 2s64hw9.jpg]

MY MAGNUM OPUS.

[Image: tumblr_mpniim6iZv1r7zwvno1_1280.png]

A pair of highlander shepherds with muskoxen and a disproportionally large dog. The figure on the left is messed up, but I've learned Things from this picture, the first and foremost of which is "draw some goddamn perspective grids, buddy"

[Image: tumblr_mpgb47XaKP1r7zwvno1_1280.png]

Grownup Dazi faces. Not too happy with those.

[Image: tumblr_mpdq8achUM1r7zwvno4_1280.png]

Ballpoint pen coffee table book junk pt 1.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6da02aa0f4c5c...3_1280.png

Ballpoint pen coffee table book junk pt. 2, featuring PANTS.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2cf1d2ca88b73...5_1280.png

Ballpoint pen coffee table book junk pt. 3.
Fuck yes I love your pen sketches, especially the animal stuff!
(07-20-2013, 01:57 AM)Rayph Wrote: Fuck yes I love your pen sketches, especially the animal stuff!

Thanks, man! Animals are fun to draw c:
meaningful stylized portrait of a god

(muffled rap music plays in the distance)

Attached Files Image(s)

WOW it's been a long time. Here are some Things.

at some point during the last couple of days I sat down and did a photo study

[Image: tumblr_ms84a43JGR1sdbx2lo1_1280.png]

i gave the guy a lazy eye but none the less i was THRILLED because whoa i can paint now??? WHO KNEW

dang. what a moment of self-discovery.

almost immediately after that startling realization, i have decided to use my powers for evil and paint a dude about to get stabbed in the face.

[Image: tumblr_ms9rs2XKc41sdbx2lo1_1280.png]

Bpptt boring mugshot of an Important Character of many teeth and nebulous gender. It's the same god-thing from the image in the previous post, except conveniently packed into a somewhat androgynous meatsuit.

[Image: tumblr_msbbd1uiDn1sdbx2lo1_500.png]

One mugshot turns into Mugshot Madness:Godly Edition, where I try to experiment with light coming from different directions and...skin tones, I guess. All of these people are Important Characters and Darshan (green background) is a pretty pretty princess//brother nature/flamboyant cartoon villain/thin-lipped treehugger guro enthusiast/vaguely elfin piece of shit of a character, towards whom i harbor an eternal and abiding love.

from left to right:
aal-merkala, (deity responsible for metal and earth and MINERAL WEALTH and also lizards. is very small)
aymshagatai (god of the hunt/life/rebirth. inexplicable bullshit mongol wandering around in a sizeable piece of alpine tundra with a zulu spear and a necklace of human teeth)
aal-darshan (responsible for organic growth/decay, the world's first epidemologist/geneticist. "BEFORE I KILL ALL OF YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN AND GIVE YOU A VARIETY OF INTERESTING VENEREAL DISEASES OF VARYING LETHALITY, LET ME EXPLAIN YOU A THING.": the character

aal-arsalan/aalit - winter god of many teeth and nebulous gender. is very into human hearts and blood. Or just hearts and blood in general. becomes a terrifying divine arbiter/war deity by the end of the actual story.

is also the protagonist for a significant chunk of it.

vantao - sun goddess/god-empress of a sizeable human empire. is almost omniscient and that's terrifying. owns a billion snakes.

kaskluk - thunder god. frat brother/dope fiend with Hog Friends. arsalan's literal bff they go on megabeast road trips every year.

cccharacter design for the same person. rowdy nine-year-old and grownup king.

[Image: tumblr_ms4mq1otfx1sdbx2lo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_ms4mq1otfx1sdbx2lo2_1280.png]
really great sketchbook you've got here! Those pen drawings are amazing and I love the overall originality! keep it up! :D

My only critique is that you don't post often enough! Lovely stuff In love