Kaffer's sketches & doodles
Trying some cyborg arm-prothesis silhouettes for a new project..

A bit further in the cybernetic arm prosthesis-project..

1-hour life study, first attempt ever. Gotta do shitloads of these...

Second life-study & WIP for the cyber arm-prosthesis project.

Nice stuff man! That stapler still life is awesome 0_0

(07-30-2013, 04:43 PM)pnate Wrote: Nice stuff man! That stapler still life is awesome 0_0

Thx mate! Trying to do studies, I just realised I need them :)

Today's warm-up..

Hey Daggers, haven't been here a while :)

These are the studies I did last week, some of them are first ones as well :) It would be awesome to hear some input about them!

I.

II.

III.

IV.

V.

thx&cheers! :)

awesome work, but my jaw effectively dropped at no III, great job!
great colours in the sci-fi piece!
(08-13-2013, 07:53 AM)JulieJean Wrote: awesome work, but my jaw effectively dropped at no III, great job!
great colours in the sci-fi piece!

Thx JuliJean! :) The colors in the sci-fi piece are mostly kept from the ref. photo. (no eyedropper though :) )

Hey people.. long time :) I've mostly been doing studies, though I had a pretty hectic week.. Here's the recent stuff, opinions & critics are most welcome!

I dig your still lifes, and that last portrait is stunning. Really nice job on the skin and hair.

Thx man! I'm aiming to do a lot of landscapes, I feel something is missing in them.. on the portrait: I think I'll go "rougher" next time, I didn't really aim for this dollface-feeling, but a more believable approach (shoulda picked a different portrait I guess :)) Thx for the feedback!

For the landscape stuff, I'd recommend putting up some of your favorite landscapes up as you work on them. I've just recently started doing that and it really helps me to see what parts of my own landscape are weak (composition, lighting scheme, scale, etc). But your stuff is really coming along well! Can't wait to see more :)

Good idea.. definitely gonna try it.. guess its high time to invest in a second monitor :) Thx for the feedback! :)

Great still life dude! And that last portrait is stunning.

In regards to your landscapes, the first one was amazing. Though the recent, ones with greeneries, I think you're having the same problem as me getting caught with using a lot of texture brushes. Maybe because we get so concerned with all these trees, grass and foliage and stuff. I wish someone can give some tips on how to do it.

Anyways, just keep going at it dude.
Thx man! Probably, one of the reasons of that is that I'm tríing to gain speed in painting.. but I also discovered recently that simple-brush rendering does th e final trick in putting believability to it.. guess it depends on the balance.. Thx for the feedback! :)

Here's yesterdays landscape study to stay focused :)

Hey people! Bunch o' stuff from recent:

Nice studies and landscapes! I got those figure references form my school, who in turn got them form around the internet. If you're looking for figure reference there are loads of good stock resources of deviantart and tumblr and modelmayhem

Thanks and thanks :)