Xylithric's Art Dump
First introductory post out of the way, I'm going to post a few up of my recent ish studies and pictures. I will attempt to put them in date order so to see (mostly for myself) what improvement has been made, if any.

All this art stuff has been within the last few months, bit slow to produce artwork because my job leaves me too tired most days, but I'm really trying to push myself. If anyone has any suggestions of studies to pursue next (lighting is my biggest issue right now) then I will try and get those done. I'm here to learn and would appreciate the nudge in the right direction from you guys!

EDIT: Sizes fixed now.

Sketchy sketch of the night, whacked a quick bit of lineart on it too. Done partly to get to grips with the look of my character as I envision her in my head and writing, another part to do a quick spot of anatomy facial study and then mostly so I have a clean template to work on to practice directional lighting.

Any crits on anything that looks off is most welcome!

Hey, I'm liking the start of your sketchbook, you've got quite the variety going here.

For the bust of your character, the lines are really clean and the placement of the features seem correct.
My biggest issue would definitely have to be the jawline, neck, lips and shoulders. The lips shape themselves is good, they're abit large, so it's just a simple matter of transforming them to make 'em smaller. The jawline is much too square so just round it out and bring the chin closer to the lips.

The neck is making a V shape and is too straight, widen out the bottom just a tad and give the sides of the neck a bit of a curve. Finally the shoulders are probably fine, it's hard to tell atm with how the neck connects to it, I'd just say raise it up a little more so the neck doesn't look so long.

I'm sure once these problems are solved it'll start looking much better, and consider doing a few studies of female heads beforehand so you can completely ingrain that information in your mind. Hope things helps, it's looking good and can't wait to see it finished. :D

Wow, been a while.. Kind of back, trying to get into the groove of posting more here rather than just on my tumblr where it's not as much of a open forum to get feedback. Also pulling my sad corpse from a bad art block.

A study of light and form, kind of ended up playing a bit with a few things on it, but more or less I am happy with it. More to come soon!

EDIT: Can't decide though.... with or without backlight? :/

Second night in a row! Decided to focus on a material that has been plaguing me forever... Latex. Learnt a fair bit from this study, can now implement this to future paintings training wheels free! I'm open for crits from people or even throw study suggestions at me!

Do you do pencil work? Really important to have that as a foundation and to draw on paper everyday as well as your digital stuff.

Your work feels a little restrained to me. Try loosening up, do broader strokes, relaxed but sketchy lines and strokes, etc. Gesture drawing from life *and imagination* will help with that.

Post more, studies, of all time frames, some quick, some longer like the ones youre posting now. Post studies from life, not just photos - still lifes of objects on your desk, etc. Composition ideas, etc. Moar :D

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
@aks9 - Most of my studies are pencil work actually. ;] Your right though, I feel more free with my pencil then I do on tablet. I need to break the mindset that I can be messy on tablet too and it's no big deal. Thanks for the feedback, might be worth me getting off my arse and scanning pencils more often.

This is me now having a dump of art (need to post more here). Also have a WIP halloween piece which is probably going to get an overhaul as I changed my mind mind on what I wanted part way through painting it. Derp.