Fable's Sketchbook
Video 
Hello, everyone!

My name is Martin, 21 yrs old, from Slovakia. I've never been passionate about art, but I reached the point when I need to figure out what I want to do in the future. I'm currently unemployed at home; dropped from college since I didn't what to spend all those years studying something I don't want to do.

I've always had very good imagination, so I've decided to become a concept artist. My inspiration was Feng Zhu's Design Cinema, I can definitelly see myself doing that professionally. I've been studying theory since December 2012, because I couldn't draw due to hand injury. Now that my hand is healed I can finally draw and I will post everything I do here every day.

Looking forward to your critiques and spending time here on the forums.

Today's studies from Andrew Loomis' "Figure Drawing For All It's Worth":

Industry news, discussions and resources
Cool! Keep it up- Great anatomy studies!

Thumbs Up 
Nice studies!

Its good you decided to drop out of something you didn't like, the last thing you want is to be stuck doing something you hate for the rest of your life. Feng was one of the people who inspired me as well, his videos are so helpful :)

Great start! I can really sense the planes in your bone studies.

lets goooo!
you have my support good sir!

Thanks guys, really appreciate it

Can't believe this is all I managed to do today. Got distracted with other stuff and I have to take breaks after every drawing because my hand hurts as it is not used to do this yet. Hopefully I can do more tomorrow.

Once again, should have done more than this.

Photo 
Simon Goinard Study 01, 6 hours

The goal of this one was to learn this technique and to make a bunch of my own brushes that act the way I like.

it's nice to see some loomis stuff ! but don't get caught in copying plates without understanding. That's why it's better to do one page of studies, and 1 page of imagination to see what you didn't understand, and study them again ! anyway keep it up !

Simon Goinard Study 02, 3 hours

Once again, learning the technique.

Attached Files Image(s)

good to see you all inspired by someones work, that always keeps me going. as for the wrist pain, push the tip sensitivity of your pen to the soft side if it isn't already and this video might help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUyMNyrOHJQ

Erik Velhagen Study 01, ~8 hours

Eric Velhagen Study 02 - "Hunt for the Thief Baggins" , 6 hours

You should also apply what you're learning and do some paintings from imagination dude ! Keep it up !

I've decided to revive this for the 3rd time

Some more Bridgman studies

I've listened to PaperWings podcast with Ryan Woodward and fell in love with his drawings so I tried to make few studies of his approach. This was the first one, I've tried to copy it line by line which has proven to be the wrong way to do it later. This little drawing took more than one hour to make, I just don't have the skill required to the line in the right place in right place with the right thickness and everything else that goes into making a sketch like this.

This one was even worse, I had to re-draw some sections from scratch and then I accidentally drew a back on the background layers and it was a huge mess it general and I finished annoyed with the whole thing.

I've changed my approach with this one and rather than trying to copy it line by line I've just looked at the motion and gesture of the lines and drew it much more loosely than the previous ones. Rather that looking if the line I've just placed is the same as in the original I just went with what looked the most right. The result is much better and these took only 30 minutes each. The originals are here.

I don't draw even remotely close to the amount I should considering my situation. The problem is that I don't have much time being completely alone and I just can't concentrate enough with someone looking over my shoulder. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it since it's not going to resolve by itself anytime soon.