Movies and TV
Today I gave myself a double feature: Terminator and Terminator 2. Today was a good day.

2 was better, but I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't like it anywhere near as much as I like Aliens. Aliens is seriously one of my favorite movies ever.

A little aside; If there's one thing I wish was possible, I wish I could truly experience these movies as a blank slate, because clearly part of the suspense early on in both movies is not knowing who's the killer from the future and who isn't, and thanks to the movies' popularity, it's impossible not to know.

In the case of 2 it seriously takes a half hour before you're supposed to know that the T-800 is a good guy in this one. But everyone knows that going in, so you lose what the movie was going for. Same with the first one. It's a half hour in before Kyle Reese has his first fight with the Terminator at the Tech Noir, and before then the audience isn't supposed to know why he's after Sarah as well.

It's like the Exorcist. It's been parodied and referenced to hell and back that it's impossible to get the experience that the original moviegoers got to see.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
I just saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Shit, man. What did I just watch?

EDIT: Also knocked Frozen off my list. Everyone's right about two things: It's certainly solid. Much better than the advertising made it look. (I like Tangled better, though); And Olaf is actually NOT annoying! How is that possible?

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Wow, I just saw the first 5 episodes of House of Cards, and it's really good. It had me by the first episode.

Just imagine the killer from Se7en as a mastermind committing political sabotage in the name of world domination gaining power while he talks to the audience along the way with smug arrogance. It's pretty cool.

The entertainment comes from all the underhanded dealing, the slander, the intrigue! Just one manipulative shit stain ruining other manipulative shit stains.

Pretty much a perfect show for someone who enjoys watching evil geniuses who plot and plan, and has a generally low opinion of politicians.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

You got me interested in house of cards Psychotime, i will probably give it a shot soon.

Today i just went to the cinema to see the last Miyazaki film. The wind rises? i think its called like that in english.
Its about the designer of the iconic japanese WWII fighter the "Zero"
Its a drama, dont expect something cheerful and happy like Spirited away or Ponyo, to put an example. Its also 100% Miyazaki, his ideology and view of the world are put down your throat during the entire movie, not like that is a bad thing. Its true that i cant agree with all that idealism but the overall message of pacifism and "dont be an otaku, face reality and keep going no matter what" was really nice.

And the art was amazing of course. The animation, the colors the sounds, everything was magnificent. The tense athmosphere of a world at the brink of the worst war of all time was well represented aswell, it was also interesting to see the complicated relationship between Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany.

In short, go see it, its a good movie.

Godzilla was solid. It wasn't bad at all, but I don't have much interest in seeing it again. I only go to a movie theater once a year (just out of habit), and I feel I should have spent my money on a better movie.

For the record, the movie I saw last year was Pacific Rim (yes, I'm saying it's better) and the year before that was Django Unchained.

But if there's one thing I really liked, it was the explanation for the monsters. I thought it was really cool.

For those who don't know, it IS pretty much the movie that the previous American movie should have been. It's true enough to the source material while still treating it like an American disaster movie. Pretty legit.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Godzilla was pretty awesome imo, it did have alot of problems though, I understood how they wanted to build it up to one big fight at the end but all the times it looked like we were gonna get a fight just for it to cut away sorta got annoying XD, but wow did that final fight deliver.
On the character front aside from the asian guy(forgot his name) there really were'nt many interesting characters none bad but none all that interesting EXCEPT Bryan Cranston, he knocked it out of the fuckin park, he literally carried the first 1/3 of the movie by himself imo, and it's a massive shame and missed opportunity that he was'nt the main character or atleast in the movie more, maybe if cranston was'nt in the movie I might have enjoyed his son as the main character more but..eh he just was'nt interesting to me.
Regardless awesome movie and i'm hopin they improve on the flaws it had in the sequel as opposed to just milkin it.

Anyway I watched the horror movie Oculus recently, a movie about a supposedly haunted mirror and wow gotta say this movie is very smart, the whole way it's set up and paced is brilliant, the supernatural stuff in it is set up in a way so that you can't tell if it's really supernatural or merely in the minds of the two main characters due to them being really mentally fucked up.
It esentially has two plots involving the two main characters(a brother and sister) at two different times in theyre lives and jumps back and forth between the two, one set when they are kids and first meet this mirror and the second when they are older and trying to prove it's haunted.
I can't describe it much without spoiling it but if you're a fan of horror movies defineitly watch it.
It's actually sorta like a modern shining, at least in the past story anyway.
Oh and as a bonus it's one of the few modern horror movies where the characters are actually smart.

And I started on that house of cards show, I have no interest whatsover in politics but I do love Kevin Spacey so I wanted to give the show a go, and yeah it is a damn good show, kevin Spacey makes that character, if he was'nt playing the main character then I don't think it'd be even half as good.

I finally started watching Game of Thrones, and I must say that it's actually pretty good, and I'm only on season one.

Truth be told, I only started watching so that I could understand the card game better. No joke.

EDIT: Finished season one.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

I finished season 4 of Game of Thrones, and I have to say that it's a very solid series. I might pick up the books to continue, though I'm aware that some details changed in the show.

But I've finally seen Back to the Future part 1 and 2. For the first time.

Holy shit, I feel like my childhood was lacking for having NOT seen these movies.

Hopefully part 3 doesn't disappoint.

As long as it's a solid conclusion, I will be satisfied. I seriously didn't expect to love this as much as I did. Wow.

I think it's safe to say that nostalgia is not the reason people love this series so much. As a person who waited this long to finally watch it for myself, they're just legitimately good movies that are enjoyable the whole way through.

Charming characters, tightly written script, funny dialogue, enthralling adventure, and some clever cinematography.

However, after seeing part one I watched Ghostbusters, another popular 80's movie that I've never actually watched (and there are many).

I was very disappointed. I will give it another try, but outside of some funny dialogue, I was not into the movie much at all. I wasn't attached to any of the characters, and the story's pacing felt way too fast if not a bit aimless. Things just happen in succession and I didn't feel that there was any room to breathe.

As I said, I will give it another try.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Finally saw Jurassic World, wanted to see what all the fuss was about :D  It was just OK, wasn't as 'epic' as I initially thought it would be... Characters lacked depth as well and were a bit stereotypical, but overall, not a bad film overall.