Darktiste Sketchbook
Looking great. Contrast can be pushes further as you mentioned depending on what you're trying to achieve. Keep it up!

Portfolio worthy?

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Looks good Dark and fine for a portfolio IMO!

As for feedback I'd recommend using more texture on the sand or ? the crystals/rocks are sitting on. Right now it's hard to tell what that is.

Also on back ground I'd suggest instead of a radial gradient that you add some texture with a very soft blur brush varying it's grey scale (or if this is all 3D some similar solution). Right now, on my monitors the gradient banding is really evident.

Otherwise, the crystals look good. I really like the textures and 'pitting' on them. And your lighting is very nice and the layout easy on the eyes.

Keep up the good work

(08-20-2022, 05:33 PM)Jephyr Wrote: Looks good Dark and fine for a portfolio IMO! 

As for feedback I'd recommend using more texture on the sand or ? the crystals/rocks are sitting on.  Right now it's hard to tell what that is. 

Also on back ground I'd suggest instead of a radial gradient that you add some texture with a very soft blur brush varying it's grey scale (or if this is all 3D some similar solution).  Right now, on my monitors the gradient banding is really evident.

Otherwise, the crystals look good.  I really like the textures and 'pitting' on them.  And your lighting is very nice and the layout easy on the eyes.

Keep up the good work

Thank for the suggestion i guess i will try to make it more obvious  that it sand as for the rock they are not crystal but rather just stylized rock but yeah they sure do look like crystal i have to admit.

I might see what can be done for the background personally i try to keep my background minimal i don't want to turn thing into illustration i want the rock the be the focus and seeing what i putted in my portfolio and what other post in there own portfolio i am all for keeping it tho a minimum not to sell it as an illustration but more as of a well polish concept.But sure a texture that minimal can probably do.Just not a busy one i would say.

My Sketchbook
Oh, for sure I understand wanting to keep your BG minimal — I just noticed some distracting banding that I thought you might want to address.

No worries either way — it's a good portfolio piece

Nice work on the crystals, the material looks very convincing. It could use a bit more contrast to help make it pop if you wish, but solid work regardless.

I been secretly perfecting my process through meditation and practice. Stay tune.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
A fence done with testing layers management in mind.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
I loved this.
It has good design and just the right amount of realism.
Blades of grass going softer and lighter on the tips is a good touch. It gives dimension.
(09-11-2022, 02:41 AM)serdar Wrote: I loved this.
It has good design and just the right amount of realism.
Blades of grass going softer and lighter on the tips is a good touch. It gives dimension.

The trick to easy dimension is to take part of your object and make it overlap but also to use the x,y,z direction.Thank for the comment.

My Sketchbook
I just wanted to post this since it took me so much time it not much but it allowed me to test a few thing that might be useful tool for quick concepting in the future.

Such as getting better at setting up multiple light source on a greybox model or since the model is really repetitive in nature i had a few idea i wanted to try such array modifier to duplicate an object with a offset in space aswell as making my object follow a path in space and i also figure out it would be nice to play in 3d to find a nice flow to the whole object by having acess to a camera to frame a really dynamic chain(abit to much since i had warping issue sadly with the model that i hope i can fix in the future).

I am still very much experimenting to see how i can mix 3d and 2d into my workflow.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
I was playing around the concept of brick wall and i made 2 different type of wall with different level of stylization and light scenario and wanted some opinion. I know there some shadow artefact but nothing i can't fix i am sure...

i personally would go for the first one i don't like how there light to the extreme right in the second iteration behind the wall it unecessary bright there and i also don't like how the light pick up the detail in the second iteration not only that it bit to high detail for me personally the first one as less of a contrast but still a good amount of contrast on the left portion and i think that it help move the eye toward the less contrasted part of the wall and than you can notice there still contrast toward the end of the wall on the right with the face that is away from the light.

Let me know what you think.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
I wanted to finish the month of september doing my own version of swordtember.

So here we have The cutlass of the Bloody Eye Ram

I think i should be able to pump out 5 more before the end of the month.I want to be more consistent and i think this level of detail is just enough.

I took the thumbnail more as inspiration than a finish silhouette

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
That looks good, Dark

All the thumbs are are pretty cool too — you've got a good goal for the month end — looking forward to seeing what you do.

(09-27-2022, 04:58 AM)Jephyr Wrote: That looks good, Dark

All the thumbs are are pretty cool too — you've got a good goal for the month end — looking forward to seeing what you do.

Thank for the support i don't know how much it keep me going sometime but it probably more than i suspect.I would certainly not be the same to be creating in a vaccum...

My Sketchbook
YW Dark. I agree about the support we get here. I was an old Concept Art Forum dood and until I found Daggers hadn't been sharing much anywhere and do find it helps to get feedback, suggestions and encouragement. Glad to hear you feel the same

Short Sword of Assasination.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Looking good Dark

I really like the last silhouette on the bottom right. There* all cool but that one looks the most dangerous. : )

* They're

(09-29-2022, 01:41 PM)Jephyr Wrote: Looking good Dark

I really like the last silhouette on the bottom right.  There all cool but that one looks the most dangerous.  : )

Yes but my main piece leak contrast now that i think about it.The background and the object are to similar in value

My Sketchbook
Yeah, that could be punched up a little for sure as well as your lighting and values over-all.

But IMO that matters less when your just doing props and weapon designs etc and is more important when you start thinking about putting those kind of things in scene and you can think more critically about that kind of stuff and some of that XYZ you've talked about