Darktiste Sketchbook
(04-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: I will be patient indeed, otherwise I'm just going to make up stuff and betray your concept.
Don't put your other projects on the back burner please.

It fine men i gotta push my project to some level which mean it as to be useable by other people at some point if i want to be useful in any kind of team i can't just call it quit because to me it finish there is more information to a design than a blend front view it as to be atleast to a modelling standard and anyways the other project would still have to meet the same standard one day or an other so just doing a project to what i consider a true finish would be pushing me to new standard which mean i would not only be designing for myself but be able to make design from A to Z  and by working on the older project it might leave me some time to think more about the direction of the newer project a little more rather than rush as it seem it was heading toward.

And since i already consider the blade project to be older than the one i started i want to turn the page so it doesn't drag on as it kind of an habit of mine to want to finish something before starting something else and that would leave you with time to think about gesture and also perhaps thinking of background idea and storytelling aswell as composition if you want to turn this into a study project there alot you could think of because there is more to a world then the character obviously there a chunk of the design missing so the idea would be the get creative around the idea...

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Modified the design a little bit just to be easier on me since the functionally of this design in it initial form cannot be achieve without looking extremely unpractical and would go against the aero dynamism i want for the final form here some thought on why i did this excutive choose the final design will still look heavy and hard to control but a lot less than the ''shield variant'' and i even found a huge flaw in the idea that this would be possible to hold one in each hand the way i had envisioned it initially so it only logical to try to move around those issue for now on.  This will be a two hand weapon instead and the middle section will not be as a shield as i had previously had in mind it will only be to cover up the hand.

Some legend as to what each color represent 

Yellow=Light
Orange=Gold
Dark grey and light gray=Metal

To keep the design somewhat interesting instead of the shield i choose to add 8 slot (4 can be seen) that beam light toward the blade to blind people this way the weapon heavy nature of the weapon is counter balance by the target being blinded by the light possibly.

I am not totally satisfied with how the color match the armor color but this as to do with me not having the blade taken more in consideration when i was playing with the armor.Next time i design a set that come with a weapon i will try to remember to use it as reference rather than just be influence by it.

I added the color variant so you can that it easier to compare the armor to the weapon but the final pick is the first of the 6.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
It's coming together. But you say it's a two-hand weapon now? I'm confused.

(04-07-2023, 11:08 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: It's coming together. But you say it's a two-hand weapon now? I'm confused.

Yeah think of the handle inside of the central piece as more than just one hand lenght the problem i see is that it wouldn't make for a very strong piercing attack because normally a polearm or a sword is thrust from back to front not just drive into the enemy. It an original weapon but it as ton of functional flaw the more i think of it.It seem more logical to have it as a two blade weapon than a 3 blade weapon.But again now i am confusing you even more.

Just wait i am going to have to change a few thing on that weapon design and sadly miss electricity lately so it probably going to take a moment to reorganize my self and get back some momentum.

My Sketchbook
Snow storm power outage? I'll wait for the rest. I can picture a longer handle of course, but not how to avoid slicing your legs if you sway half of the sword forward while holding it with both hands.

(04-10-2023, 01:01 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: Snow storm power outage? I'll wait for the rest. I can picture a longer handle of course, but not how to avoid slicing your legs if you sway half of the sword forward while holding it with both hands.

Not a snow storm a ice storm. Think of it as a short staff not as a long staff anyways i gotta go back an pump out a new iteration of that design.

My Sketchbook
Loving that character design! In terms of colors I feel the gold and silver two images on the bottom right are the strongest. The colors feel organic there and make the most sense IMO. Looking forward to more updates!

(05-02-2023, 11:52 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Loving that character design!  In terms of colors I feel the gold and silver two images on the bottom right are the strongest.  The colors feel organic there and make the most sense IMO.  Looking forward to more updates!

I should be resuming the project soon thank for passing by.

My Sketchbook
(05-10-2023, 03:01 AM) Wrote: Hey, really cool to see you doing concept art, thats the way to go inmo - doing variations and exploring shapes :) Keep it up !

Thank for the visit

My Sketchbook
Finally manage to put it all together. Even if the result is pretty close to what i show a while back i learn alot about workflow which i hope will help dissipate some issue such as organisation how to export between my different software how to organize my layers and more. 

It a real relief to move on to something else but this also one of those project where i feel i didn't necessary enjoy it as much for the level of technicality that was require to achieve this result.It definitively something that i still can feel add more range to my ability and is certainly a marketable skill to have(turn around)

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Due to techinicality i would have added a small description along each design to give it a general direction but i gotta scrap that due to the website malfunctioning.Which result in the previous form of this comment being lost and my patience shattered.

So intead here a small change to the previous design starter i am going to probably pick one depending on if anyone wanna give is opinion and evolve it into 2 increasing more powerful version of that initial silhouette

The top version is the older one and the bottom one the newer one you can still pick a design base on the silhouette i suppose.

As much as i would like those the silhouette design to be final for one of those design i think i will need to recalibarate the design it seem to be easier to design the high detail stuff for me first and than try to tone it done rather than start with restraint and increasing the detail as the weapon evolve.I want to get excited about a project and starting with boring design seem to run counter intuitive to what seem logic to keep thing rolling.Maybe i just need to learn to delay the gratification...

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Great work with those silhouettes, all read very strongly and are very unique!

(06-24-2023, 04:22 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Great work with those silhouettes, all read very strongly and are very unique!

Thank for passing by CG

My Sketchbook
Hi there to day i bringing you something a bit different than the usual.Me being a massive fan of dragon ball i had seen many people do some of those realistic looking take and wanted to see how much work it would take to reach something similar so illustration being outside my wheel house atm i turn to Ai tool to see what i could generate. This is mostly done using image to image and then taking sucessive interesting result and re entering them into the image to image option.

The idea behind was to create a very dark apocalyptic vibe after the defeat of the Z warrior trunks is trying to survive it base on the info we gather later on from the dragon ball super series.I wanted him to have a look of revenge in is eye and to show that he as been throught battle taking a good amount of beating a bit of a more mature take than a manga could probably deliever in the original style imagining what dragon ball would be if it had mature with it audience into a more westernize fashion...

This took about 30min to get there.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Have you tried using ControlNet with the AI stuff? That way you can start with line work, and you're not hoping to get lucky with a good generation quite as much.

(06-27-2023, 07:33 PM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: Have you tried using ControlNet with the AI stuff? That way you can start with line work, and you're not hoping to get lucky with a good generation quite as much.

Not as of yet but i am on it i am just not that big into illustration so it not that urgent for me to look into it but i feel like Ai make it easier to diversify what you do so it still in my plan longterm plan to look more into it i was wondering if they had anything similar for object .I seen a few video on the concept of text to 3d but i am not very impress and not that interest in 3d i prefer image editing.  

You think it bad result for 30min of generation?

Also since my PC(8 years) is very old i don't run the program locally so the level of thing it generate is not at it highest potential.So since this is the condition i operate under hand are stilll pretty badly generated and there probably million of thing i would rather draw then hand.Face i don't mind fixing but i am certainly probably not at a level where i can make it look like they gone through bad surgery.My anatomy skill have fallen behind very badly and this Ai stuff really make me question where are my priority.

Thank for coming by.

My Sketchbook
Wow really cool DBZ work also would be cool to take a concept of yours and make it in 3d for fun lot of cool shapes.

Front End Developer by day but an Artist by Night
"Artists help artists"
My Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Youtube Lets Learn 3D
The issue with AI is that it will by default give you a person standing there. I find that even if I put in some pose or action, it gets ignored a good deal of the time. That's what I see when I look up 'AI artists'. They're posting tons and tons of people standing around.

But if you have the skill to draw and paint then you can get the AI to do more interesting things with Img2Img or ControlNet. Non-artists are limited to what they can put in the text prompt or take from some other image. We can guide it a lot better.

Granted, with all the ethical & potential legal issues currently, I'd say to use it as reference. Someday though, there will be a Stable Diffusion that runs on legally acquired images and it'll still be super powerful and that's when the art community will adopt this stuff for sure. So learning it and using it a bit for now will put you ahead of the curve.

(06-28-2023, 03:34 AM)nufftalon Wrote: Wow really cool DBZ work also would be cool to take a concept of yours and make it in 3d for fun lot of cool shapes.
You mean as if i give permission or you mean if i turn some of them into 3d myself?I do a little of 3d on the side but i am mostly trying to keep the workflow mostly Ai and 2D atm.3d is to rigid in my current workflow as a concept artist i want to avoid working on multiple software as much as possible and just to give you an example on one of my lastest project i used Illustrator blender sketchbook and photoshop but i mostly begin my journey playing with illustrator than move on to photoshop and then sketchbook and then blender (i tried maya and zbrush before that).

I would rather collaborate with people who love 3d then be the 3d guy i use 3d to give myself more flexibility but it not my goal or my love.

My Sketchbook
(06-28-2023, 05:35 AM)Ok cool yeah all just for fun if I did post it online would be with credit to you on original concept of course but I am just saying I like your 2d concepts. I have a associate degree in graphic design so for me starting out I was a listed illustrator on illustratorworld.com which is now long gone. I messed with 3ds max as a kid that was my first intro to 3d then in 2011 I started getting a bit more serious with zbrush and 3d had kids and boom that was gone haha. I tried learning blender a few times but I always come crawling back to max. I understand focus wise for you wanting to stick with 2d, I try to give both 2d and 3d equal love but it never seems to work out that way.darktiste Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 03:34 AM)nufftalon Wrote: Wow really cool DBZ work also would be cool to take a concept of yours and make it in 3d for fun lot of cool shapes.
You mean as if i give permission or you mean if i turn some of them into 3d myself?I do a little of 3d on the side but i am mostly trying to keep the workflow mostly Ai and 2D atm.3d is to rigid in my current workflow as a concept artist i want to avoid working on multiple software as much as possible and just to give you an example on one of my lastest project i used Illustrator blender sketchbook and photoshop but i mostly begin my journey playing with illustrator than move on to photoshop and then sketchbook and then blender (i tried maya and zbrush before that).

I would rather collaborate with people who love 3d then be the 3d guy i use 3d to give myself more flexibility but it not my goal or my love.

Front End Developer by day but an Artist by Night
"Artists help artists"
My Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Youtube Lets Learn 3D